Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

1 recommendation

reply to StuartMW

Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere...

I for the record like Facebook, and have zero interest in even caring about privacy.

I make it known, don't friend me if you don't want the everyone to know anything about them that will in effect get exposed to the whole of the net just by connecting with me.

I WANT the entire planet to see my comments. All of them. I wouldn't be online if I was paranoid.

But I tend to use Facebook in the morning when I am just getting up to speed. Then I might check it if I am relaxing from doing something else. But considering I live a retired senior citizens existence there is nothing to stop me.

Now if I could be all day at the shop, that would be so much better.
And the computer would be at home not the shop, and the only communications tool in the shop, would be the phone. An ordinary business phone. No special functions, just a phone you answer when someone calls the business.

All my electronics would be at home.
And I'd expect all my employees to be observing the same level of dedication to the work day as myself.

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Windstream

Hey I totally agree, if I worked in a trade shop, I wouldn't be hoisting my electronics anywhere and I would observe the same standard. I would also expect everyone else to follow this standard, because those individuals are at work to work, not to play. At the same time, if they want to check facebook on their break, or browse the web, then that's their prerogative. As long as they aren't browsing the web while they should be productive, then hey, all is fair to me.

If all the work is completed for that day, then I would let them take the day off early. I mean, if they are full time, then I have already planned to pay the employee a full time wage, so why should they be hanging around when the work is completed for that day? I mean, that's just my opinion, and I don't expect anyone else to think that way.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)