share rss forum feed

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1
reply to The Limit

Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere...

said by The Limit:

I've noted it, and I should have stated explicitly what I was talking about in regards to the context. I do apologize to anyone that I offended that grew up in the generation before me. The context was supposed to be in the set of all "office" jobs.

And I agree, complaining about it does nothing to solve it. I just got my underwear in a knot because of a false statement that was made about college graduates.

Unfortunately, the intended meaning of a statement on a message board such as this one can sometimes be incredibly misconstrued by readers. We all have done it and the past and am quite sure we all will inadvertently do it in the future.
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Windstream
Ah yes, and ironically it's something I am learning when proving complex theorems. Everything must be explicitly stated, not assumed, and if something is assumed, it must be proven true unless otherwise stated as a definition.

Practice makes perfect. The more I post here, and the more I do proofs ironically, the more I will learn how to do this.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)