spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KyleG

@169.153.203.x

[Tampa] Very low d/l speed and terrible buffering issues streami

Where do I start? I have the Brighthouse 20 mb/s package. Originally, I had the old SciAtl Webstar 2100 modem and my own Netgear wireless router (name eludes me now and I'm at work). Anyways, I noticed terrible buffering issues when streaming Netflix HD movies via my AppleTV, and trying to mirror my Sunday Ticket to my TV from my iPad, via my AppleTV, produced a picture that looked more like a patchwork quilt. I went in and messed with my router settings, found the channel with the least amount of interference, upgraded the firmware, adjusted my QoS priorities, etc., etc. I performed multiple speed tests and I would get anywhere from 17.5 mb/s to 3.89 mb/s down. The results never steadily repeated. It ALWAYS fluctuated from test to test. Today, they replaced my old modem with a "newer" Netgear CGD24G modem/wireless router in-one. I adjusted the channel back to the one with the least interference, but now I can't even pull more than 3 mb/s down. What in the heck is going on here?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

Re: [Tampa] Very low d/l speed and terrible buffering issues str

Do you live in an apartment or condo type of place?

KyleG

@169.153.203.x
I live in a smaller condo complex (11 units). I've alread used a channel scanning program to determine which channel has the least amount of interference/noise

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:156
reply to KyleG
Please open a direct forums thread and I will assist with this...thank you.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to KyleG
the least amount doesnt mean there isnt too much.. I have ran on 100 calls for the same issue.. The fix has always been the same, hard wire.