Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON
reply to rcdailey

Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere...

said by rcdailey:

I am pretty sure that if they made businesses pay for all of the tools at Facebook, many of those businesses would just drop their accounts. If they simply add a charge for services that provide more advertising punch than the free tools, then they will get some more revenue. Facebook has to prove that this is cost effective advertising, of course.

Good call!

We may find out, one way of the other:

Facebook starts to charge for Offers, woos Wall Street

Social network will charge businesses for daily deals ads

quote:
Computerworld - Facebook plans to start charging businesses to run targeted ads in its Facebook Offers daily deals service.
»www.computerworld.com/s/article/···l_Street

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
Right here is more info on why they think the charges will be accepted.
»Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere....

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON
Sorry, I missed your links supplied earlier in this thread.

I should have known you would be on top of the issue.

It has been an interesting discussion!

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
I liked your link on the wall street speculation..but I really think facebook is in trouble with their current business model.. but that's another story...just don't run out and buy the stock... Have a great evening buddy.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to Exidor
I try to not do business with any business that thinks their Facebook page is where I should go to communicate with them. That is the sign of either a very ignorant business or one that spits on personal privacy. Either way, why should I do business with such an either (in the first instance) clueless business or (in the second instance) such a dangerous business?

I remember what the internet was originally intended to be. I find it immeasurably sad, and also scary, what it has morphed into through the behind the scenes manipulation of mostly the younger crowd, which is naive, but also some older folks who stand to get rich from further enslaving our people and spitting on all who have given their lives for what no longer exists in this nation.

I hope to see a lot of businesses forsake Facebook when they have to start paying for tools or whatever there. I'd like to be able to communicate with businesses that I have done business with that did not require that I have a Facebook account when I did business with them but do require it now. It is a frustrating situation. How do I know when I do business with a company that currently has a variety of contact means ...particularly contact for feedback or help ...that they won't soon abandon all means of contact except Facebook? It's frightening.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
said by Mele20:

I try to not do business with any business that thinks their Facebook page is where I should go to communicate with them. ...

+1

All our local TV/Radio stations and many businesses now want their audience/customers to "like" them on Facebook and post stuff to their pages to communicate with them. I have no intention of doing either.

The same goes with Twitter. I do have a Twitter account out there somewhere, but haven't logged into it for so long I don't remember the password or email account I used to access it.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Click for full size
In addition many companies, that have some kind of account (support forum etc), want you to use a FB/Twitter/other account to login.

Um, no.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I remember what the internet was originally intended to be.

A way for computer scientists to share resources?

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
said by Mele20:

I remember what the internet was originally intended to be.

A DARPA research project?
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Mele20
I think BroadbandReports is a business

»www.facebook.com/BroadbandReports

»twitter.com/DSLReports

...you can even login with twitter.. as I recall that was one of the Social Media in the study.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/