uniqs
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

1 edit

grunze510 to ididsame

to ididsame

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

I also posted this in the Lite Goes from 3Mbit/s -> 6Mbit/s thread, but I think it fits this thread better.

The Ontario cable page is a mess right now. It includes both cable plans for Rogers territory and Cogeco territory, and people who don't know their respective plans won't know what's what. I guess you can fill out the address form, but there should probably be an easier way to sort it out. So here's my suggestion.

When you click on Ontario in the province chooser, it'll pop up a window asking you to select one of the following:
- Click here if you live in the Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa Area, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, or Barrie. (and whatever other Rogers areas I'm missing)
- Click here if you live in Chatham. (Kingston, or other. I think TekSavvy only serves Cogeco-based cable in Chatham right now)

It's sloppy, but it makes more sense than what they're doing right now. If anyone has a better idea here, there's probably no harm in suggesting it.

EDIT: I missed two periods. Yup.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by grunze510:

The Ontario cable page is a mess right now.

It includes both cable plans for Rogers territory and Cogeco territory, and people who don't know their respective plans won't know what's what....

This would be even easier as a temp solution :

Until TSI serves more than Chatham thru Cogeco, REMOVE Cogeco (Chatham) from the results.

Then add a wee subscripted line to all results screens : "If you live in Chatham, click HERE".

Quick and dirty.

Git-er-DUN !