»www.thesecretworld.com/news/play···rial_now

Worth it? Add it to the list!

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
said by Krisnatharok:

»www.thesecretworld.com/news/play···rial_now

Worth it? Add it to the list!

I passed up the beta invite for this game. Pretty sure 5 days free isnt going to help get me to play.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok
Played in the beta. Not bad, but not as good as GW2. I will be passing.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
I have a friend that did Beta for it and he enjoyed it enough to get a lifetime membership. It is different from most ORPGs. Lots of puzzle solving involved.

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Krisnatharok
Tried beta and didn't like it. But, that was beta. It seemed like it was going to be a a good game but when I gave it a try it just wasn't for me. However, free is free and I'd say give it a try.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Krisnatharok
The first thing I heard from beta is that players didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. That's kind of a problem.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
said by footballdude:

The first thing I heard from beta is that players didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. That's kind of a problem.

I think that problem was multiplied by the hand holding from most mmos. I was still playing SWTOR when I tried beta and I was like omg where's the rails!?
Again I can't say that the game is any good because I only played be for a little while. But if you have a few free days why not give it a try.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

I didn't have any trouble in that regard, and really liked the back story / tone. I never actually did any of the investigations but I heard they're good. The questing grind is pretty standard though, as is the monthly fee. If it goes f2p I may give it another shot down the road but right now I have zero interest.

malem83

join:2006-08-25
Quebec, QC
reply to Krisnatharok
TSW is a good MMO in my opinion. There is a lot of potential, dungeon mecanics are great but there is too little of everything.

Getting through the content is a little bit too fast because there is no character progression. All you have to do is to get proper skills, get some QL10 blue gear and start farming instances.

There has been a lot of bugs in the quests scripts but most are solved right now. What I think is people don't like is the general difficulty of the game. It's harder than what we're used to in other online games.

This game can become something wonderful in the next few months or years :P
--
La vie continue ... / Life goes on ...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
I would totally be down for an off-the-rails MMOG. I might give it a couple more months and see what happens. I'm locked into WoW until May and what MMO time I do have is put into GW2.

I know TSW also supports some fairly high-end eye candy (a type of anti-aliasing) only available in the Nvidia GTX 600 series as well, so it looks to be a winner in the graphics department as well.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
I have not looked into this much. But I've read that TSW had horrible graphics? Worst than AOC?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
That I had not heard:

The Secret World Is The World's First Game To Feature TXAA

The Secret World is continuing its promise to be a true innovator with the announcement on August 9, 2012 that it would be the worlds first game to feature TXAA anti-aliasing. Funcom, the games developer, is working closely with Nvidia to bring the very latest in visual wonders to players of The Secret World.

The tech team at GeForce explained how TXAA would improve The Secret World, saying:

With the launch of the latest Secret World update, gamers can now leverage TXAA, a new anti-aliasing technique introduced with the latest Kepler generation of GPUs. Designed specifically to reduce temporal aliasing (crawling and flickering in motion), TXAA is a combination of hardware anti-aliasing, a custom anti-aliasing resolve, and a temporal filter. To filter pixels, TXAA uses a contribution of samples both inside and outside of the pixel in conjunction with samples from prior frames, to offer the highest quality filtering possible. In motion, TXAA approaches the quality of other high end, professional anti-aliasing algorithms, though the higher quality filtering used by TXAA does result in a softer image compared to the lower quality filtering of traditional MSAA.

Edit: More here: »www.geforce.com/landing-page/txaa
»hothardware.com/Reviews/Nvidias-···lorered/

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
Ok. I'll admit my source was briefly reading Amazon reviews at work =/

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
reply to Krisnatharok
I played this game for the first 2 weeks. I hate it. Lag was crazy. Server crash. Funny thing is. Each race is on a diff server. I seen the other two race server crash on 1v1v1. And we just pick them off. quest was buggy. Quest that work on beta. Didnt work on release. Round up skipping quest.

TXAA was never there when i first play it. And nvidia ads. That it does. When agian there was no option to set it.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Krisnatharok
I love Funcom, mainly because I have a soft spot for Anarchy. But TSW...the way the characters move was awful. Looked like rag doll zombies. On a good note, the game does look good and I like the idea behind it. 5/10.