uniqs

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

[CFL] [TV] Guide color changes.... Uhhhh... Houston.....

In short... I hate it... Would like to go back to the old colors. And the view sorting is a PITA... I've already had to undo the sorting because the kids clicked on the wrong thing...

Ugh....
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback....as with all new things there will be some adjustment period...I think eventually you might like it.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

what guide did they get gary?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
The grey guide (dark)
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten

I'll add my complaint here...

When you bring up the guide (do not like theme either) that works, but pressing the button again brings up a screen for 'sort' selection. Why? Make this a setting, otherwise it required 2 button clicks to get back to the station.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ispalten:

I'll add my complaint here...

When you bring up the guide (do not like theme either) that works, but pressing the button again brings up a screen for 'sort' selection. Why? Make this a setting, otherwise it required 2 button clicks to get back to the station.

This belongs in the suggestion thread.

raymac
@bhn.net

raymac to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Colors of new guide difficult for those of us with older eyes. White letters tend to blur quickly. How do I access the suggestion thread?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by raymac :

Colors of new guide difficult for those of us with older eyes. White letters tend to blur quickly. How do I access the suggestion thread?

»If you could add a product, feature or make a change....

opp
@bhn.net

opp to neonhomer

Anon

to neonhomer
I just got a automated call from brighthouse (Orlando) about guide change, haven't seen any change yet.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to raymac

Premium Member

to raymac
said by raymac :

Same argument my dad has... He is visually impaired and has trouble seeing the new guide.

No comment on the "suggestion" thread.... wasteland...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by neonhomer:

said by raymac :

Same argument my dad has... He is visually impaired and has trouble seeing the new guide.

No comment on the "suggestion" thread.... wasteland...

Well then it isn't that important to you then It isn't a wasteland there it places things in one place so I can track them and do what I need to do instead of hunting them down in hundreds of random threads a month.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU

Premium Member

My guide has not changed. Is this being rolled out by location?

opp
@mindspring.com

opp to opp

Anon

to opp
Got a email with pic of new guide looks pretty good to me, back when there were choices I liked the mocha.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to RUQRU

Premium Member

to RUQRU
said by RUQRU:

Yes

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid to opp

Anon

to opp
The suspense is killing me....can anyone put a Picture of new Guide in this thread?

My location; Tampa......and it has not rolled out in my area as yet.

I have been waiting for an enhanced Manual Record Option (as opposed to the Fixed Increased\decreased minutes)....is that included with this update?
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

works similar to old guide just added a few features and changed colors, its definitely more modern now.

Also ISPalten,
The hitting guide more than once is pretty standard with companies as a way to sort the guide, most actually prefer it that way as far as I know.

Also, I think this feature not even needed since the HD for BHN is grouped in the 1000's anyways. Its not like dish where the SD and HD channel are side by side where sorting is more important. Whatever makes the masses happy though

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

it would be nice if TWC got a license to use the iGuide color palette in the guide I think iGuide has 12 or so colors to choose from it would give the guide a more of a iGuide feel and I would possibly give it a chance if they were to do that.

opp
@bhn.net

opp to Cisco Kid

Anon

to Cisco Kid
Find is changing to search, will keyword search be coming back or is it just a name change? Don't see how to post pic here is black background dark grey info lines blue highlighted looks like satellite guides.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

wbrightfl to neonhomer

to neonhomer
I woke up this morning, turned on my DVR and I now have the new guide from hell too. Central Florida here. Whoever developed this new mess needs to be fired. BH had the opportunity to finally give us an upgrade to the guide, to make it easier to read, without all the wasted space around the guide and the preview video taking 1/4 of the screen, instead they give us the same poorly laid out guide and then change the colors to black background and white/blue font. The BH developers need to take a look at Dish Network's DVR guides and come up with something similar for us. We need the option to view the guide in larger font and more than 5 channels on the screen at once. If they give us the option of a full screen guide it would be great. I hope they roll back this new software. The old guide isn't good, but this new guide is worse.

opp
@bhn.net

opp to opp

Anon

to opp
Just downloaded I like it stands out better on my TV's than old one. Search is the same.

gimme5
join:2002-12-23
Kissimmee, FL

gimme5 to neonhomer

to neonhomer
I think it looks good. It's a bummer that it's not full screen though. What a waste of screen real estate.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid to tim tim tim

Anon

to tim tim tim
Any idea when this will start to roll out to Tampa Bay customers? Seems it everywhere else but here. Don't know if BHN utilizes Customers to Sample changes....after all, we are the ones that use this feature....if they do, great, if they don't....it should be something BHN considers...surely there are a lot of Customers that would be willing to Preview\test...provide feedback before releasing new versions. But maybe that is not possible, that is, no way to load New proposed guide on selected customer Boxes........

opp
@bhn.net

opp to neonhomer

Anon

to neonhomer
Would be nice if was full screen, with the few channels showing I get bored and give up after a few pages.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

wbrightfl to Cisco Kid

to Cisco Kid
You can have my upgrade. The old version is easier to read than this new black and grey view. More like a downgrade.

cfl annoyed
@bhn.net

cfl annoyed to neonhomer

Anon

to neonhomer
CFL Brighthouse-got the new guide layout a few weeks ago and the dark background/white/blue are nearly unreadable along with more obviously wasted empty spaces.
I searched for guide or "theme" color changes in setup for quite a while before realizing that there was only one-size-fits-all.
The response of my digital box is sluggish now I can count off "one-thousand" after pressing buttons before the unit responds. (haven't restarted it yet, tho')

In these economic times I am not upgrading my TV to higher resolution or change my cabinets to be able to hold a larger one any time soon, so this just pushes me another step closer to searching for an alternative provider that I can see.
(I would only miss central florida news 13) Yes my eyes aren't as sharp, but the difference here is night and day.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU

Premium Member

I don't hate the new guide, but agree there should be color options for people who would rather have say black text on white or some other colors...can't be that hard to implement.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid to wbrightfl

Anon

to wbrightfl
I have not seen this guide as yet, but reading it only provides 1 color when the previous guide must have had 5 or more color selections......you scratch your head and go, from many to no color selections? Why?

I also would like to see the Guide fill the screen, but, definitely want that preview screen to remain.

When I see the FIOS and Direct TV Guides at friends homes....I wonder why BHN's new guides have not come out better...with more ..... I am in the camp that still felt the original Guide was better....it had better customer user features, one of which was a Manual recording feature which I always used on Sundays when Football pushed all programming late.

opp
@bhn.net

opp to RUQRU

Anon

to RUQRU
said by RUQRU:

I don't hate the new guide, but agree there should be color options for people who would rather have say black text on white or some other colors...can't be that hard to implement.

When it was passport there were choices.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by RUQRU:

Yes

When is the new guide coming to the Tampabay ?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Soon... it's being done in stages...