uniqs
share rss forum feed

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: [CFL] [TV] Guide color changes.... Uhhhh... Houston.....

Me - Male group 2

Others in house who don't like it... F-G2, F-G5, M-G5, and two M-G0....

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
kudos:2
reply to wbrightfl7
I'm a farsighted female group 4 and use reading glasses the past few years (damn Presbyopia!) for close up things like books and instructions. I don't understand using reading glasses for the guide unless you're right next to the tv? Just curious here.
--
2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa: Where Hypocrisy Met Humidity

wbrightfl7

join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
I shouldn't have said "reading" glasses. I only use glasses for driving at night and seeing better far away. I can see the guide fine up close from the bedroom TV but when I watch in the living room the TV is much farther away so the font blurs with this new lack of color theme. Putting on my glasses clears it up so I can read it. That's easier than moving the couch closer to the TV so I can read the guide LOL.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to neonhomer
I've seen some great feedback here but I'm kind of curious about something. All of you who have posted and future posts please reply back or primarily post with your age group from the following categories.

Group 1 - Ages 13 -21
Group 2 - Ages 22 -35
Group 3 - Ages 36 -45
Group 4 - Ages 46 -55
Group 5 - Ages 56 -65
Group 6 - Ages 66 - 100

And lastly...

Are you Male or Female?

Do you like or dislike the new guide?

So far it's all over the place and only one female has responded with the demographic data so no way for me to see a trend in this.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

opp

@bhn.net
reply to DanG1974
said by DanG1974:

I really love that I can view the guide with just my favorite channels showing. Actually accidentally discovered that feature yesterday.

I'm a male in Group 3.

I've had that since last update a few months ago, a necessity for me fall asleep trying to page thru entire line up.

gimme5

join:2002-12-23
Kissimmee, FL
reply to neonhomer
I'm a male, group 2. I like the new color scheme, I just wish it could be full screen. My wife, group 2 as well, doesn't like it.
--
»www.mobilespeedtest.com

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by gimme5:

I'm a male, group 2. I like the new color scheme, I just wish it could be full screen. My wife, group 2 as well, doesn't like it.

Thank you..
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
reply to neonhomer
I am a group 2 male and just woke up to the horrible new guide.

Its hard to read, boring and just plain sucks. Its the same as the old GUI except difficult to read. Don't really see the point.

jajohn

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
Male, 67 years, HATE HATE HATE the new menus. My wife also hatres it (female, no I will not paste her age)

Why did Brighthouse take something that worked fine and change it? Harder to read (especially with older eyes) and just plain BUTT UGLY.

Even better, why are you asking for demographics and ratings? Didn't Brighthouse marketing do up front market analysis and surveys (focus groups) before the change was implemented?

When will we ALL get a DEFINITIVE answer if and when it will be changed back?

Did I say I (and my wife) BOTH hate it!!!!!!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by jajohn :

(female, no I will not paste her age)

Smart man and thank you for sharing your opinion.

rjla67

join:2012-03-01
New Port Richey, FL
reply to neonhomer
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up but it would seem to me that its impossible for everyone to all like the same thing. When it comes to user interface and its design such as colors, layout, type, size etc it can be difficult to satisfy the majority.

What I would throw in for a suggestion is why not have an option in the menu to allow the user a choice of how the menu and guide looks? An example would be white background with dark lettering, one with black background and white lettering and maybe even a few subtle color options to suit the users ability to clearly read and use the menu and guide.

Don't know if that is to much to ask for in terms of programming but may be worth considering for everyone has different abilities in reading type faces at a distance and no way can BHN know what they are so personal choice in set up seems like a nice solution.

Just my .02.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
said by rjla67:

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up but it would seem to me that its impossible for everyone to all like the same thing. When it comes to user interface and its design such as colors, layout, type, size etc it can be difficult to satisfy the majority.

What I would throw in for a suggestion is why not have an option in the menu to allow the user a choice of how the menu and guide looks? An example would be white background with dark lettering, one with black background and white lettering and maybe even a few subtle color options to suit the users ability to clearly read and use the menu and guide.

Don't know if that is to much to ask for in terms of programming but may be worth considering for everyone has different abilities in reading type faces at a distance and no way can BHN know what they are so personal choice in set up seems like a nice solution.

Just my .02.

Really this isn't a bad idea As with all good things baby steps...
--

JLR

join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL
reply to ispalten
use the exit button and it will go back to the station

JLR

Auburndale, FL
reply to ispalten
said by ispalten:

I'll add my complaint here...

When you bring up the guide (do not like theme either) that works, but pressing the button again brings up a screen for 'sort' selection. Why? Make this a setting, otherwise it required 2 button clicks to get back to the station.

use the exit button and it will go back to the station

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I personally LOVE the dark guide. it allows you to see the text better. (Also, on LED TV's its nicer, since they are so bright(house) )

If you get a lot not liking it, do what Dish did in the old days (I left them way back when they dropped west coast locals).. Dish had a color choice menu in the settings.

I always chose Varsity Blue.. Gray and Dark Blue. But I like this darker color better.. Reminds me of Win7's dark colorset--which I use.

Thanks Brighthouse! I like!

BTW, Male Group 3. And I like it..

Concerned

@bhn.net
reply to neonhomer
I am in Spring Hill, FL and am being caused a physical impairment by the new guide colors. The color scheme makes it hard to look at and the screen becomes blurry which gives me headaches from the eye strain. I also feel physicall ill which is an effect brought on by the headaches. I have contacted the Office of the President for Bright House and was contacted back by a technical support person stating that they do not plan on making any changes to this color format. When I told him that I would have to take my business elsewhere he stated that there was nothing that they were going to do about it. I would like to state that this is the worst sort of customer service that I have ever seen from a company. A customer tells you that your change is affecting them physically and doing them harm and you tell the customer, "I'm sorry, but there is nothing that we are going to do about it". I think that we all need to cancel our services, maybe that will make this company wake up and take a look at their policies and the enhancements that they try to make, especially when it affects the eye sight.

Concerned

@bhn.net
Sorry, F-Group 3 and my hubby, who doesnt like either...M-Group 4

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to neonhomer
Thank you

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to kdwycha
said by kdwycha:

I am a group 2 male and just woke up to the horrible new guide.

Its hard to read, boring and just plain sucks. Its the same as the old GUI except difficult to read. Don't really see the point.

I am used to the new guide now and it is okay. I retract my vote of suckiness.

nelsonj3

join:2012-06-22
Lakeland, FL
reply to neonhomer
I'm a male in Group 2. I don't like the new color scheme either. What was the point of the change when it didn't add any functionality. I thought it was going to add options or some type of convenience, but it is just simply new colors on the same old guide. Why would Brighthouse even take the time to do this? When I first started with Brighthouse, we had the option to choose different guide color schemes. Now it takes a full update to do that? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just don't understand wasting company time to make a change like this to a pretty bad guide to begin with. The guide is way behind the times anyway (my chief complaint against Brighthouse now). Why update it to get everyone's hopes up and then only change the colors?

My wife is in Group 2 also, and she doesn't like it either. She says it is hard to read. We were both shocked the other day when we used the FIOS Guide at my parents' house the other day. It is very modern and intuitive.

rhinodad

join:2012-05-16
Orlando, FL
reply to neonhomer
Male, Group 4 like it - a definite improvement. Wife, also Group 4 also likes it. Daughters Group 1 - highly indifferent!!

JLR

Auburndale, FL
reply to neonhomer
My wife and I are Group 6. White lettering on black is hard to read, would be nice to have options. Prefer the old guide.

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
reply to neonhomer
One thing I've noticed is going to the Settings/Devices menu is WAY faster since the guide update. I use the sleep timer and it was p-a-i-n-f-u-l-ly slow before, sometimes taking well over a minute to get the Devices menu to come up.
--
2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa: Where Hypocrisy Met Humidity

Satch

join:2009-11-25
Male group 4.

Like the color scheme. But searching by keyword is needed to make information easier to find. Guide Filtering in the Time Grid is good, but the filters should be expanded to the search screens as well.

Overall, I would rank the new guide a C+. Add keyword search and the ability to filter the searches like in the Time Grid and the guide goes to a B. Add keyword search, guide filtering to search screens, and a true HD Interface, it would probably get an A from me.

Satch

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to neonhomer
Again thank you all for the feedback. I will be looking closely at this on Monday of next week so continue to share your opinion please.

girlsfish2

join:2012-10-19
Dunedin, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
group 4, female - The white lettering is too bright - looks fuzzy. I have to squint or walk 15 fee away. I really disliked the blue gray guide - very dowdy - and think the new guide colors are good, except for the white letters being way too bright. Bummer.

madmonk

join:2012-09-28
Marion, IN
reply to neonhomer
Group 2-male i like it and Group 4-female likes it and Group 6-female likes it

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
group 2, male like it but wish it was in HD (same lay out in HD would be killer in my opinion)

INDY GAL

@sbcglobal.net
reply to neonhomer
group 4;

HATE IT...VERY HARD TO READ, AT LEAST GIVE US AN OPTION OF CHANGING IT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SETTING.

Lupe

join:2010-09-19
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to neonhomer
Group 2, Male

I like it, it is very sleek.