share rss forum feed

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

[Rant] Windows 7 slide show fail

So I was put in charge of setting up the slide show of photos to be played at an event.

The person who delegated the task to me would like the slide show to 1) shuffle and 2) fade between photos.

No problem right? The photo viewer built in to Vista can apparently do this.

So I fire up the slide show in the windows 7 photo viewer. Shuffle option is there but no way to fade.

Hit up Google. There is Live Photo Gallery free from microsoft that has fade. Load and yes nice fade option...but no shuffle.

So MS has two separate ways to do a slide show in windows 7, one of them can fade and one of them can shuffle, neither can do both. FAIL and on such a simple task.

Anyways does anyone know a way to do this? I downloaded a few free programs but many of them are designed to produce finished videos and thus lack the shuffle option (live photo gallery seems designed for this as well with create movie and share options).

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI

OpenOffice.org?

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

Not sure which part of open office would help.

I found a way to do it. Media Center can do slide shows, and in the settings there is option to randomize pictures. Also when I turn off the annoying 'pan and zoom' option it just does a simple fade.