join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

1 edit

Chris 313

Premium Member

Time from notice to time to live?

Today I got a notice in the mail about price and equipment changes effective Oct 1. How soon from the notice that your area was being upgraded to when you were live and had to change modems out and be able to get the new speeds?

I'm expecting them to roll out 25/4 right off, if not 50/10 (That would be awesome. But I'm not expecting that until sometime next year.)

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

1 recommendation

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Re: Notice to live?

It depends, but man, it sure beats a Notice to Die LOL

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

1 edit

1 recommendation

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by RR Conductor:

It depends, but man, it sure beats a Notice to Die LOL

Ha! No kidding. Before 3/20/11 I had 8/2 as my fastest speed since it was offered mid 2007. Then on that date, my D2 area got some love with the much outdated 16/2 Blast tier. I wasn't very impressed, compared with what everyone else was getting.

Then the last few months I started noticing things like my US being D2 vs D1.x as been for the last years. It's stuck on D2 now which suggests that if I had a D3 modem, I'd already have bonded channels.

Then I get that notice in the mail today listing prices and D3 equipment goodies, including potential ability to buy a D3 CDV modem. (They also offer a D2 CDV modem buy for 99 vs 150. Why the hell they'd do that is beyond me when they should be focusing on every new customer getting D3 stuff, especially when buying.)

I could be running on D3 equipment and speeds in like 2 weeks or so.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA

1 recommendation

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Right on, sounds like you'll be getting some D3 love in no time!

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by RR Conductor:

Right on, sounds like you'll be getting some D3 love in no time!

When did you get your notice and how much time was it from notice to up and running?
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

said by Chris 313:

When did you get your notice and how much time was it from notice to up and running?

I'm not sure if RR got a notice back then, but I'm on the same system and I don't recall getting any prior notice. I was already using a D3 modem at the time (a SB6120) and I noticed on August 5th last year that the downstream light turned blue. The modem's signal page showed it bonding four downstream channels.

Two months later, the same thing happened for the upstream. The modem showed it was bonding two channels, one 64QAM, one 16 (which is still the case).

This spring, we got an additional four downstream channels. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the 6120 as I'm on business, but at least I can reboot the modem to change the channel selection if one ends up being problematic .

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

I never got a notice either, just a blurb on the bills last fall saying I could get it. The Bill was wrong for Redwood Valley though, it took a few months longer to get it out here than it did in Ukiah (9 miles south of me), and the Willits and Fort Bragg areas took even longer. Comcast Steve and Yankee Flyer kept me informed on the work though, thanks guys! We have D3 with 8 downstream and 2 upstream channels.