Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fifty99

join:2010-03-04
Sarnia, ON
reply to TSI Andre

Re: [Cable] Any updates on Cogeco?

this is good news ... i was planning on cancelling my landline adn getting a dry loop for my tek dsl ... now hopefully i can just change to cable instead in a month ... hope to be in on the first wave of cable in the area from teksavvy ...

please keep this thread informed of progress you are making on this

SiliconKnigh

join:2010-02-16
reply to kcorscadden

Can not wait for the day I can cancel Cogeblow! Its not so much the company I don't like as their internet pricing and caps, they are soooo bad! Its a sad day when Bell has a more competitive offer.

Sadly I'm in a new home and have no DSL (only FTTH) so I'm pretty well screwed other then Cogeblow.

Anyhow cant wait Teksavvy, I'll be one of the first calling to subscribe as soon as you give me the all clear!

barbarian

join:2010-08-04
St Catharines, ON
reply to kcorscadden

Anything new in the Niagara Region?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

Still no news bud. We'll be making something official in due time. Just keep a look out.

SevenEleven

join:2012-11-03
Hamilton, ON

I cancelled my Cogeco last week! I feel so liberated hahaha!

The service is discontinued as of November 26th. Any speculation on a TSI announcement before that?

Thanks

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

No speculations, ETA's or news for Cogeco just yet. We'll provide a brand new update when we do have news!

ForSaken

join:2009-07-15
Essex, ON
reply to kcorscadden

anything new on this??? id love to get more then at 4 meg connection.. but id hate to live tek to do it

TSI Duty Mgr
Premium
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

Hello,

I apologize but no update yet

Regards

Jennipher
--
TSI Duty Mgr
Operations Manager on Duty

fifty99

Sarnia, ON

anything new? still anxiously awaiting the arrival of cable net here in sarnia

TSI Duty Mgr
Premium
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

Hello,

I apologize no update and no ETA yet.

Regards

Jennipher
--
TSI Duty Mgr
Operations Manager on Duty

Expand your moderator at work

pnear

join:2002-06-12
Milton, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to kcorscadden

Re: [Cable] Any updates on Cogeco?

It's December, would like to know if there's any progress to note. Still targeting this month?

Sorry to keep nagging on this one, but the first "we'll have Cogeco territory soon" post was likely a couple years ago. I can wait another four weeks, but if we're still in perpetual maybe-land then I have to go with another provider.

-Pete

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:3

Sorry no update at this time. I can understand being anxious and I am certainly hope there is more information soon.

The only thing I can advise at this time is that as soon as we have more information for you guys we will provide it!

Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

neko
All Hail Canada
Premium
join:2006-08-11
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by TSI Keith:

...and I am certainly hope there is more information soon...

I am hope, too
--
...virtue gives you heraldry.

SiliconKnigh

join:2010-02-16
reply to kcorscadden

Any updates? I know its a bit early on the Dec/Jan timeline but everything looking good so far, or is Cogeblo trying to stall more and more?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to TSI Keith

Mark had something to say about it recently..
»Re: Start.ca VS Distributel

For Cogeco, we are essentially very close to go live BUT, the usage is so crazy high, that the roughly 1000 users we have in Chatham would take something like a $10/mth price hike just to break even, not even making any profit. So, we're reluctant to go live with it now that we've done the math even though I said we would, I'm now inclined to wait until the new year (there are also other factors that are delaying this that will become known soon).
Which I guess means he is waiting for the CRTC to rule on capacity charges.
--
electronicsguru.ca

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON

IF they can offer unlimited cable, I'd pay the extra 10$. It's still less than the 50+ overages on Cogeco. And we get to ram it to them with a hot TPIA poker lol

fifty99

Sarnia, ON

said by rodjames:

IF they can offer unlimited cable, I'd pay the extra 10$.

i agree with this

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

I red the article and personally am hoping it is before April because if it is not I will have to go with start.ca even thought they do not offer unlimited but have 300 Gigs of data.

voltagesucks

@cogentco.com

CIK has unlimited cable in Cogeco land,

tristen1230

Belleville, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

Well Teksavvy was very lucky I did not discover all these sites back last April when I switched. I really want to get with Teksavvy but when I made the promise to go back I did not know of Acanac or Start which already offers it. I am just mad it was supposed to be in November and December and all this math was not done like months ago to find that this would be a problem.

tristen1230

Belleville, ON
reply to kcorscadden

Just a question if Teksavvy is going to see this. Could you estimate another time like March, April or if it will come?

swe3tdave

join:2008-02-01
Sainte-Catherine-De-Hatley, QC
reply to TSI Keith

i live in quebec and where i am, there is just no way i can get internet with a provider other than Cogeco right now. I'm paying 67ish dollars a month plus tax(about 80$ a month total) so i can have enough bandwidth, for what i do. Mostly netflix, crackle and funimation.

if Teksavvy ever resell Cogeco, is it going to be for all Ontario and Quebec? Or just a few selected area?

at this point, i'm not expecting much, i mean we've been hearing the same thing over and over. "dont really know", "Maybe", "in a few month", "sorry its going to take more time"... Rince and repeat...

Cogeco seems to be moving to provide services in the US, and with Peer1, they might try to get into the European market. i'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Time will tell...
--
David Giard

tristen1230

Belleville, ON

With what I have read it would be all of cogeco's foot print but that could change you never know like the release date.

Burl

@teksavvy.com

Well I'm with Teksavvy DSL for years. Start now has cable internet in Burlington for a good price. Why does Teksavvy not have this yet in Burlington. I'm on the verge of changing.

kcorscadden

join:2007-04-04
Kingston, ON

Although I miss TSI, been with Start for a couple of months now and I am glade I switched. Getting 30/2 vs 7/512 for pretty much the same price.

If/when TSI does get something with Cogeco, I may consider coming back,.

join:2012-12-24
reply to kcorscadden

You all just need to stop asking about Cogeco. Start.ca does it better then TSI ever would also asking will not make it happen any faster.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to tristen1230

said by tristen1230:

With what I have read it would be all of cogeco's foot print but that could change you never know like the release date.

During the aggregated proceedings, Rogers (and probably Cogeco) said that their isolated service areas do not have sufficient interconnect facilities between them (if any) to support country-wide wholesale aggregation.

Ex.: Rogers' Atlantic service area operates independently from their main network in Ontario so if they had to aggregate wholesale between the two, they would have to build almost from scratch something Rogers has little to no use for themselves. I do not remember seeing the CRTC's response to that but it seems reasonable that aggregation would be limited to within areas of nearly contiguous coverage.

tristen1230

Belleville, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to 80289148

I think most of us know but want to be with Teksavvy. I personally will go with start if teksavvy does not get cable before April since I am locked in with cogeco. I am just hoping since I really want to go with teksavvy since I have had a prior good experience with them.

tristen1230

Belleville, ON
reply to kcorscadden

Well looks like you guys will be having cable in Summer. =( ;( I guess I could go with DSL for a bit...