All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
erickallen4
join:2009-10-30

erickallen4

[HSI] Has anyone gotten a promo price since they changed the tie

My contract ends in 2 weeks and all the CSRs tell me is that the only available price is 49.99 for 30Mb. I can see right on their website new customers are being offered the same thing for 29.99. Has anyone had any luck getting anything other than the 49.99 price? I can get uverse 24 Mb for 39.99 so it's not like Charter is the only game in town.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 edit

88615298 (banned)

Re: [HSI] Has anyone gotten a promo price since they changed the

said by erickallen4:

My contract ends in 2 weeks and all the CSRs tell me is that the only available price is 49.99 for 30Mb. I can see right on their website new customers are being offered the same thing for 29.99. Has anyone had any luck getting anything other than the 49.99 price? I can get uverse 24 Mb for 39.99 so it's not like Charter is the only game in town.

The $39.99 for 24 Mbos u-verse is also a promo. And after your promo ends with them you will go up to regular price which is $58 a month. Once you factor in their installation fee I'm not sure you're saving ANYTHING.
erickallen4

erickallen4

Correct, it is a 12 month promo with free equipment and install.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

1 edit

88615298 (banned)

said by erickallen4:

Correct, it is a 12 month promo with free equipment and install.

And I can 100% guarantee you that at&t will NOT extend that.
erickallen4

erickallen4

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer. But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by erickallen4:

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer.

You're assuming that $30 a month would be all profit. If anything you're saving them money. And as you said when you go back to Charter any money they did lose they get back on the install.

But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.

From what I read on this board and other boards so far no one has gotten a promo extension since the new pricing came in. Now that doesn't mean you can't get it extended but I haven't seen any posts indicating anyone has.
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260 to erickallen4

Premium Member

to erickallen4
said by erickallen4:

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer. But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.

post in charter direct they can probably do it
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by erickallen4:

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer.

You're assuming that $30 a month would be all profit. If anything you're saving them money. And as you said when you go back to Charter any money they did lose they get back on the install.

How do you figure that ? Once Charter does the initial install, which costs them the most, anything after that, or at least, a big chunk of that is profit.

Having people ping-pong back and forth between ISPs is incredibly short sighted, when they can lower the bill to make customers happy, instead of driving them away.
Everyone knows they are making profit on the "promo" prices, or they wouldn't do it. Sure, maybe not as large as it could be, but profit is profit.

But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.

From what I read on this board and other boards so far no one has gotten a promo extension since the new pricing came in. Now that doesn't mean you can't get it extended but I haven't seen any posts indicating anyone has.

I think I read of only a few being able to do it, it just depends on who you talk to it seems...
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN

zed260

Premium Member

also probably depends on other factors like if your only on hsi or if you have double or triple play etc

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 edit

cork1958

Premium Member

FWIW,
It didn't matter if asked to upgrade tv AND have Charter phone installed. They would not offer me any promos.

All I have is expanded basic tv and still on the 15/3 internet plan.

Been trying to see if some one in the direct forum can upgrade my internet to the 30/4 plan since last Friday, which ChaterSteve says he can, but he must not work or cruise these forums on the weekends.

As Zappa2000 said:
"Having people ping-pong back and forth between ISPs is incredibly short sighted, when they can lower the bill to make customers happy, instead of driving them away.
Everyone knows they are making profit on the "promo" prices, or they wouldn't do it. Sure, maybe not as large as it could be, but profit is profit."

That sounds EXACTLY like the typical stupidity Charter has been operating on for quite some time now. I have the option of another ISP but have NEVER had trouble with Charter. Never did the promo hopping crap either, but always felt that if Charter can offer promo prices for 1 or 2 years, there's absolutely no reason they can't offer those prices permanately, or at least lower the regular price some, and STILL make money!

I'm SURE no one is assuming $30 a month is ALL profit. That's absolutely retarded to even say that!!

Orth
@charter.com

Orth to erickallen4

Anon

to erickallen4
The reason you can't get the $29.99 promo price is back in June Charter changed the way we can do promos on anyones account so if you're an exisiting customer with our old HSD packages, with lite, express, plus or ultra100, you can't get a promo but if you upgrade into the new package with just plus, it's $49.99 but you no longer pay the modem rental fee either.
erickallen4

erickallen4

Thanks everyone. I did manage to get the deal, not through the direct forum, but through twitter. So it's possible but you really have to be obnoxious about it.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru to erickallen4

to erickallen4
said by erickallen4:

That's actually not bad and I'd be happy to pay it.

I have recently moved outside the reach of cable or DSL and have been forced to get fixed point to point wireless which is costing me $71/mo for 15/4

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

No promo here, but have finally gotten my HSI upgraded to the 30/4 plan AND was able to keep my Zoom modem and my own router!

Did it through the Direct forum with the help of CharterSteve & Abby. Took a bit doing it that way over the weekend and seemed to have a glitch in download speed up until just a little bit ago. Have upload restricted via QoS for Vonage phone.

charterengr
Premium Member
join:2002-03-09
Newnan, GA

charterengr to erickallen4

Premium Member

to erickallen4
Saw this offer today.....

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

dispatcher21 to erickallen4

to erickallen4
I dont know if this counts. I had 15meg internet for $29.99 on a prior promo and basic phone at $14.95. I called to see how much to upgrade my phone to unlimited LD. They let me keep the $29.99 promo for internet and put my phone on the new price, $19.99 unlimited. They said the $19.99 includes taxes and fees and that its the normal bundle price. I dont know about the last part but we will see. Took my bill from $57 to $49 a month.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

I was told in the Direct forum that Charter NEVER tells you the price AFTER taxes, it's ALWAYS before taxes.

You bill seems to have gone down by $8 a month but the price difference you state about your phone bill, only went up $5.04? New math, or what?
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by cork1958:

I was told in the Direct forum that Charter NEVER tells you the price AFTER taxes, it's ALWAYS before taxes.

You bill seems to have gone down by $8 a month but the price difference you state about your phone bill, only went up $5.04? New math, or what?

Well as he said the taxes and fees are included in the new phone pricing. The old phone pricing at $14.95 probably had at least $10 in taxes and fees.

Also everytime I have talk to someone on the phone about my services they have always told me the price AFTER taxes. Now the website can't do that for obvious reasons.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

1 edit

compuguybna to erickallen4

to erickallen4

Deleted

People don't listen. why debate?
compuguybna

1 edit

to erickallen4
Not debating.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by compuguybna:

Additionally, on the OLD PLAN, taxes on the phone alone were $13.30.

If you will look at the TAXES INCLUDED NOW charges are only 3.64

So, appears that Charter was charging an extra 9.66 in taxes/FEES every month that weren't a part of the REQUIRED taxes anyway........

$6.50 of this being some END USER COMMON FEE..... HMMM, sort of like the Regulatory Recovery fee on my EX-ATT bill.......

actually the EUCL is required

The FCC created the EUCL charge, also called the "Federal Subscriber Line Charge" or "Interstate Access Charge," after the breakup of AT&T in 1984. This monthly charge covers part of the cost of Charter’s local network that supports customers’ ability to make and receive interstate and international calls.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

1 edit

to erickallen4

Deleted

Deleted. don't wanna argue.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

The point is the phone is cheaper even though on the face it appears to be $5 more. The other poster was alluding to hidden taxes/fees which no longer exist for the phone and have never existed for internet.
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to erickallen4

to erickallen4
said by erickallen4:

Thanks everyone. I did manage to get the deal, not through the direct forum, but through twitter. So it's possible but you really have to be obnoxious about it.

Interesting.
Care to PM contact info to which person you are dealing with ?
Trying to find people that can work with you on prices is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack now.

TheTechGuru
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

A lot of times, the local office is the best place to try to get a better price. They had given me a $19.99 special on the 15/3 when the national was only offering a $29.99 special on the 15/3.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Local office here has such inept employees, they don't even know the difference between a Docsis 3 modem and a Docsis 2!! Even when the sticker is right on the bottom of the unit!

Which I found out back when Charter screwed those SB6120's up with their firmware.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by cork1958:

Local office here has such inept employees, they don't even know the difference between a Docsis 3 modem and a Docsis 2!! Even when the sticker is right on the bottom of the unit!

I've encountered INSTALLERS that never heard of docsis, PERIOD.

TheTechGuru
TEXAS

1 edit

TheTechGuru

said by 88615298:

Ah, that must be why Charter won't hire me, because I do know.

"We are pleased to have received your application for the position of Broadband Tech I-120****.

After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected to proceed further in our selection process."

I guess a AAS in Computer Network Administration and CompTIA Network+ is way over their head.
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by TheTechGuru:

said by 88615298:

Ah, that must be why Charter won't hire me, because I do know.

"We are pleased to have received your application for the position of Broadband Tech I-120****.

After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected to proceed further in our selection process."

I guess a AAS in Computer Network Administration and CompTIA Network+ is way over their head.

reapply leaving that out see what happans

TheTechGuru
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

I've applied for higher positions like "System Technician" and "Network Technician" and the say I'm not qualified.

and if go out and get a degree in RF Engineering then they'll probably say I'm over qualified for those.

It seems they want people with no prior knowledge and train them themselves and work their way up the ladder in the company rather than hiring someone educated where they would have to place them in the middle of the company ladder.