All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
l8er
join:2004-04-02

l8er to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr

Re: Rogers Upstream Bonding

Ok, tried online chat and quoted the product code provided here (thanks yyzlhr). I'm on Extreme.

First, was only given the higher tiers as options, but after further prodding, was told there are two product codes available for Extreme. Both will give me 28 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up. One will be $61.99 (same as current price) with a 100 GB cap. The second will be $66.99 with a 120 GB cap.

So to get the the higher upload speed at the same dollar amount, I take a 20 GB hit on the cap. To maintain the 120 GB cap and get the higher upload, it will cost me $5 extra.

I guess this explains the $5 issue in the above posts. Get ready everybody, it appears an increase is coming
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by l8er:

Ok, tried online chat and quoted the product code provided here (thanks yyzlhr). I'm on Extreme.

First, was only given the higher tiers as options, but after further prodding, was told there are two product codes available for Extreme. Both will give me 28 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up. One will be $61.99 (same as current price) with a 100 GB cap. The second will be $66.99 with a 120 GB cap.

So to get the the higher upload speed at the same dollar amount, I take a 20 GB hit on the cap. To maintain the 120 GB cap and get the higher upload, it will cost me $5 extra.

I guess this explains the $5 issue in the above posts. Get ready everybody, it appears an increase is coming

So effectively they will be reducing the caps if you stay at the current rate... typical Rogers behaviour; for every one step forward Rogers takes two steps backwards.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by elitefx:

Just had a thought. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Rogers slapped a surcharge (an extra $20 or so) on all the HU users monthly bills once this high upload thing is fully implemented.

I know, it aint supposed to cost extra but we are talking Rogers here...............

Be kinda hard to argue with Billing after calling Rogers and requesting the upgrade.....

Hate to say I told you so guys, BUT...........
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to l8er

to l8er
said by l8er:

Try another rep, there should be no change in usage or price.
VHS
join:2008-11-17

VHS to l8er

to l8er
said by l8er:

This is not true. I upgraded my parent's Extreme account and the price/discount has remained the same. They are still getting the 120gb cap. Obviously the rep has no idea what he/she is talking about

I also confirmed with 2 different reps over the phone and both said the price were the same.

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

Could just be me but I think some are missing the point here.

Rogers has a standardized Billing program for everybody. I know this from experience talking to a Rogers accounts manager last year about another issue.

IMHO Until this new stuff is officially released to everybody nothing on the fees/prices/caps will change.

When everybody has access to the upgrades then Rogers will modify their bills to reflect this at that time.

That's why some are getting 10 different stories regarding internet tier upgrade prices.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elitefx:

Could just be me but I think some are missing the point here.

Rogers has a standardized Billing program for everybody. I know this from experience talking to a Rogers accounts manager last year about another issue.

IMHO Until this new stuff is officially released to everybody nothing on the fees/prices/caps will change.

When everybody has access to the upgrades then Rogers will modify their bills to reflect this at that time.

That's why some are getting 10 different stories regarding internet tier upgrade prices.

There are no plans to charge extra for higher upstream tiers, internally these are viewed the same way as the regular tiers. Once upgrades have been completed on the ENTIRE cable footprint, everyone will be AUTOMATICALLY migrated to the higher upstream tier if they have a compatible modem. There are no plans to charge extra for the higher upstream speeds. The only price increases that are coming are the traditional annual increases that affect EVERY Rogers customer regardless of tier.

People are getting 10 different stories about this because reps are clueless that this even exists. There has been no training for this whatsoever because reps are not supposed to be proactively offering upstream tiers.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

What myself and a million others are looking for is a PRICE DECREASE. Having paid for Rogers network upgrades for years now, we're looking to be rewarded for our continued Rogers support.

There comes a time when every investment pays a dividend and after 10 years of Rogers yearly network upgrade price increases, myself and a million other Rogers customers are looking for our payoff.

Don't need/require a contract, don't want 10 million megabytes a second download, just want a 50% price decrease across the board on all Rogers services.

The network is there, the technology in place and we've paid for it, we've earned it and 2012 is Rogers customer dividend collection time............

Beermage
@rogers.com

Beermage to l8er

Anon

to l8er
There's 6 different Extreme packages currently being offered

Package: Extreme
Price: $61.99
D/L: 28 Mbps
U/L: 1 Mbps
Allowance: 120 GB
Code: WD3E
Overage: $1.50 per GB

Package: Extreme with HU
U/L: 3 Mbps
Code: WHUJ

Package: Extreme with 20 GB UA
Price: $66.99
Allowance: 140 GB
Code: WUAO

Package: Extreme with HU and 20 GB UA
Code: WUAS

Package: Extreme with 80 GB UA
Price: $81.99
Allowance: 200 GB
Code: WUAG

Package: Extreme with HU and 80 GB UA
Code: WUAT
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70

said by Beermage :

There's 6 different Extreme packages currently being offered

Package: Extreme
Code: WD3E

Package: Extreme with HU
Code: WHUJ

Package: Extreme with 20 GB UA
Code: WUAO

Package: Extreme with HU and 20 GB UA
Code: WUAS

Package: Extreme with 80 GB UA
Code: WUAG

Package: Extreme with HU and 80 GB UA
Code: WUAT

Do you happen to have the New Ultimate 150/10 product code that will work with a Cisco 3825 instead of the Hitron?