spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jpainter01

join:2010-12-22
Crossville, TN

Can you still get a 20 GB plan with the Jetpack?

Before the "shared everything" implementation you could choose from different amounts of data for your Jetpack.

I can't seem to find any mention of that on the Verizon site and I'm interested in upping the data allowance for my Jetpack from 5 to 20 GB. I am a single user and don't want the shared everything plan.

Does anyone know if that is still possible?

firepong

join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR

said by jpainter01:

Before the "shared everything" implementation you could choose from different amounts of data for your Jetpack.

I can't seem to find any mention of that on the Verizon site and I'm interested in upping the data allowance for my Jetpack from 5 to 20 GB. I am a single user and don't want the shared everything plan.

Does anyone know if that is still possible?

When I was up at the Verizon store yesterday, we actually talked about this instead of getting HomeFusion because we weren't sure if it would work well with my metal roof.

Talked to the store manager and they told me the highest they offer on the JetPack is 10gig ($120) and that was actually higher than getting HomeFusion, which is only $90 for 20gig's.

So, in essence, the highest they offer on the JetPack is 10gig at $120.

jpainter01

Crossville, TN

Goodness Verizon, what benefit is that? If I get 5GB for $50 and $10 per gig if I go over . . . I could use 10 GB and pay an extra $50 for the overage and it would cost me $100, not $120!

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1

The 3G/4G hotspot plane is on the Verizon Network

»www.millenicom.com/page/plans#4g···pot_plan

jpainter01

Crossville, TN

I was talking about the "Real" Verizon network. I meant to post this on the Verizon section of the DSLReports. Am I in the wrong place?

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1

1 edit

It is the real Verizon network . Go on any of the RV forums and ask about the coverage from other users. It is exactly the same as if you signed up with Verizon . Millenicom has a non disclosure agreement with Verizon . All they are allowed to tell you is the plan covers the Verizon footprint .
No Contract
Higher Data Limit
No Taxes.
Do not take my word for it . Go into escapees forums or rv.net forums and ask other users.

firepong

join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR
reply to jpainter01

said by jpainter01:

Goodness Verizon, what benefit is that? If I get 5GB for $50 and $10 per gig if I go over . . . I could use 10 GB and pay an extra $50 for the overage and it would cost me $100, not $120!

Just a side note, I believe for every gig you go over on the JetPack, it's a $15 charge instead of $10 isn't it? That's at least what I seen in fine print at the bottom of the display card at Verizon.

jpainter01

Crossville, TN
reply to jpainter01

I understand that Millenicom uses the real Verizon towers. I meant that the numbers I was quoting were for billing when you are a regular Verizon customer.

Oh my, if the "per GB" overage fee has been boosted from $10 to $15, I wasn't aware of it. Guess I better check that out. Thanks for the heads up.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to jpainter01

Go with millenicom - you will receive the exact same hotspot with the same verizon sim card. The ONLY difference is you will not be under contract, you will have a 20gb allowance for much cheaper and you will go through millenicom for any support - not that you will really need any. I've been with them for about 5 years and have yet to have an issue that's not fixed by itself.