spc
uniqs
David85
join:2010-09-21
Louisville, KY

David85 to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose

Re: [CATV] NFL Network Gone on July 31

NFL network added to 926 last night and red zone on 919 middle of night or morning

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

I'm aware of this, however TWC could of very easly said it dident apply to us. Thus why the assumption on this form that we need to post in TWC forums is wrong. Untill the bill says TWC, were not TWC YET!
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

rjbasye to David85

to David85
It's on in NKY Ch 926 and 547 SD Red Zone is also on its former channel assignments as well. They added both to the lineup this morning.
rjbasye

rjbasye to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

I'm aware of this, however TWC could of very easly said it dident apply to us. Thus why the assumption on this form that we need to post in TWC forums is wrong. Untill the bill says TWC, were not TWC YET!

We are a subsiderary of Time Warner which means they are running the company. As for why the haven't changed the name yet, I have no idea. Maybe they will do to Insight like they did with BrightHouse, spin us off.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

We'll be rebranded TWC, as several Insight employees now have @twcable.com email addresses. It hasent happened as they havent figured out how to innerconnect the systems. The tech's I spoke to thought they would be wearing TWC shirts by now, they have allready met with TWC HR to compare benefit plans.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by OSUGoose:

We'll be rebranded TWC, as several Insight employees now have @twcable.com email addresses. It hasent happened as they havent figured out how to innerconnect the systems. The tech's I spoke to thought they would be wearing TWC shirts by now, they have allready met with TWC HR to compare benefit plans.

I don't think the interconnect is an issue it probably has to do with getting content agreements worked on and make sure that everything is ready to transition to TWC. Basically they don't want transition everything right away due to the back lash of all of the programming will be dropped if they went to only TWC contracts. Also TWC can take their time transitioning as they own insight 100% when they bought adelphia they had to change the name as Adelphia was disolved and the comcast systems TWC aqquired could not use the comcast name anymore.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

It's innerconnect. When TWC took over did NFL Network go away overnight? No when the contract expired, they played hard ball as they have allways been with NFL Network on their other systems, and when it expired...it whent away. Now they got a agreement and its back. We were told look back and start over would be the first changes we'd see this past summer and those havent happened. However we have seen software updates get pushed that the phone reps will claim they were planing on doing anyways, yet shorly after TWC took over,were pushed out.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

3 edits

Matt7

said by OSUGoose:

It's innerconnect. When TWC took over did NFL Network go away overnight? No when the contract expired, they played hard ball as they have allways been with NFL Network on their other systems, and when it expired...it whent away. Now they got a agreement and its back. We were told look back and start over would be the first changes we'd see this past summer and those havent happened. However we have seen software updates get pushed that the phone reps will claim they were planing on doing anyways, yet shorly after TWC took over,were pushed out.

While there is a little "interconnect" happening already between TWC-Columbus and Insight Columbus for Road Runner.. There is still a lot to do.

It's not the same with the rest of the Insight clusters in KY etc... those plants have to be tied into Time Warner network before they can completely morph us all (channel lineups, billing back end systems etc..)

I am sure one of the biggest things to migrate is billing... Luckily I think they both use the ICOMS platform for the "back end" which means it won't be much hassle on the dB side of things but you have front ends like tools CSRs use...external websites (my-insight) etc.. that all have to be converted over to Time Warner.

Carriage agreements are not that big of a deal except in cases of channels Insight has that TW doesn't. [those would disappear with a change to TW line up -- naturally TW does not have to do new agreements for channels it already carries on both systems until renewal] ..

Of course we just recently saw this weekend the agreement with NFL Network which brought NFL Network finally to Time Warner... It's also back on Insight [which I am sure was easy to do since the Satellite setup for Insight was still in place including channel mappings -- just was removed from the QAM data stream when the agreement expired 07/31/12].

My guess on "start over" is we'll see it when the name finally changes to time warner.. Even if they have the backend side of things ready (software for Pace boxes etc..) I am guessing it will 'roll out' with the name change / line up changes.

Personally for me I want to see Time Warner Road Runner speed tiers... Insight Columbus has always been the underdog on Internet tiers (we dont get the 10,20,30 in other Insight regions)... Even our Road Runner Turbo currently does not match Time Warner Columbus [their Turbo is 20 down / 2 mb up] Insight RR in Columbus still has the old Turbo provisioning 15MB down / 1MB up.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Agreed, I'm looking forward to the Signature Home service, as it has basicaly everything I have now, cept faster internet.