share rss forum feed

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2
reply to PaulyIzGod

Re: 2 multi room DVRs in 1 house?

Just to clarify...

Non DVR - Record: it will ask which DVR if they both have tuners available or just record on the DVR with the available tuner. no tuners available, you get a reminder prompt.

DVR - Record: it will record on that DVR unless both tuners are used then will check your other DVR('s) for a free tuner. no tuners available, you get a reminder prompt.

said by PaulyIzGod:

You have 1 mrdvr. Then you add another dvr. You can schedule recordings, and watch shows from a non dvr on either dvr. When you hit the record button it will ask you do you want to record on living room dvr, or bedroom dvr, what ever you name the boxes. I have 2 dvr's in my house, and can record from any box, unless there is already something recording on both boxes it will only let you set a reminder.

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA
reply to PaulyIzGod

But can you WATCH content from the dvr (not the MRDVR) on any box also?

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2

omfg sorry but that came to mind.

there is no multi room DVR. it is an account tic and more $. once you have multi room on your account, then yes, you can watch any DVR's content on any HD box.

I'm learning Mandarin if that will help.

said by fishacura:

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Once you pay the multi-room DVR fee all DVR's in the house are enabled for Multi-room. Its a $4 fee and sometimes listed on your bill seperately and sometimes listed as one DVR being multi-room. A seperate but free feature which is called multi-hub need to be enabled for DVR's to work with each other.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

IMG 1.9 introduced Multi-Hub, which allows all DVR's to see each DVR's recorded content/schedules. You still need MRDVR on 1 of the DVR's in order to 'see' the other DVR's in your network.

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to nascar

said by nascar:

there is no multi room DVR. it is an account tic and more $.

said by fishacura:

Really.....hmm I did not know that. I could have sworn that's when I got the black box (QIP 7232-2). Guess that was just a coincidence. Sorry to drive you nuts
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

nikkoxyz

join:2012-01-11
Hartsdale, NY
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

IMG 1.9 introduced Multi-Hub, which allows all DVR's to see each DVR's recorded content/schedules. You still need MRDVR on 1 of the DVR's in order to 'see' the other DVR's in your network.

I have two 6416 DVR's. As you said, the day 1.9 became active, both DVR's could see and access each others contents and schedules. I was not expecting that and have really made use of this feature.

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA

said by nikkoxyz:

I have two 6416 DVR's. As you said, the day 1.9 became active, both DVR's could see and access each others contents and schedules. I was not expecting that and have really made use of this feature.

This is what confuses me. This speaks to a change post 1.9....but was there MRDVR functionality prior? According to nascar, you would still have needed to be signed up for MRDVR to get this. Can you confirm you are?
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

He had to have MRDVR in order to stream recorded content to non-DVR boxes. Multi-Hub added the ability to stream recorded content to other DVR's.....

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to datguy11

Multi room....multu hub....I'm just being thick.....Sorry. Guess I'm not familiar with all the nuts and bolts of the technology...all I know is it works for me
--