All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
erickallen4
join:2009-10-30

erickallen4 to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: [HSI] Has anyone gotten a promo price since they changed the

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer. But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by erickallen4:

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer.

You're assuming that $30 a month would be all profit. If anything you're saving them money. And as you said when you go back to Charter any money they did lose they get back on the install.

But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.

From what I read on this board and other boards so far no one has gotten a promo extension since the new pricing came in. Now that doesn't mean you can't get it extended but I haven't seen any posts indicating anyone has.
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260 to erickallen4

Premium Member

to erickallen4
said by erickallen4:

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer. But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.

post in charter direct they can probably do it
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by erickallen4:

So I switch back to Charter at new customer pricing in year? They lose $360 this year plus however much it costs for them to send out an installer.

You're assuming that $30 a month would be all profit. If anything you're saving them money. And as you said when you go back to Charter any money they did lose they get back on the install.

How do you figure that ? Once Charter does the initial install, which costs them the most, anything after that, or at least, a big chunk of that is profit.

Having people ping-pong back and forth between ISPs is incredibly short sighted, when they can lower the bill to make customers happy, instead of driving them away.
Everyone knows they are making profit on the "promo" prices, or they wouldn't do it. Sure, maybe not as large as it could be, but profit is profit.

But I digress, I didn't start a thread to debate the uverse deal, I want to know if anyone has gotten a better deal from charter than 49.99 a month since they change the price structure.

From what I read on this board and other boards so far no one has gotten a promo extension since the new pricing came in. Now that doesn't mean you can't get it extended but I haven't seen any posts indicating anyone has.

I think I read of only a few being able to do it, it just depends on who you talk to it seems...
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN

zed260

Premium Member

also probably depends on other factors like if your only on hsi or if you have double or triple play etc

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 edit

cork1958

Premium Member

FWIW,
It didn't matter if asked to upgrade tv AND have Charter phone installed. They would not offer me any promos.

All I have is expanded basic tv and still on the 15/3 internet plan.

Been trying to see if some one in the direct forum can upgrade my internet to the 30/4 plan since last Friday, which ChaterSteve says he can, but he must not work or cruise these forums on the weekends.

As Zappa2000 said:
"Having people ping-pong back and forth between ISPs is incredibly short sighted, when they can lower the bill to make customers happy, instead of driving them away.
Everyone knows they are making profit on the "promo" prices, or they wouldn't do it. Sure, maybe not as large as it could be, but profit is profit."

That sounds EXACTLY like the typical stupidity Charter has been operating on for quite some time now. I have the option of another ISP but have NEVER had trouble with Charter. Never did the promo hopping crap either, but always felt that if Charter can offer promo prices for 1 or 2 years, there's absolutely no reason they can't offer those prices permanately, or at least lower the regular price some, and STILL make money!

I'm SURE no one is assuming $30 a month is ALL profit. That's absolutely retarded to even say that!!