All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

My2Cents
@teksavvy.com

My2Cents to The Mongoose

Anon

to The Mongoose

Re: Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO (Followup)

said by The Mongoose:

said by My2Cents :

From the TSI home page...

At TekSavvy, you don't get just an ISP; you get an ISP that cares. We know you need choice, you need an alternative to the big guys, and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what. We are committed to giving our customers the best service possible. In fact, we pride ourselves on that: on being able to give you more than you thought possible, all for a fair price, with great service, and with no contracts and no hidden fees.

Talk the talk, now walk the walk.

For most customers, they do. I've been far happier with TSI than I ever was with Rogers, Bell, or Cogeco. And that's true of every person I've referred, and every person I know who signed up on their own. No company is perfect, and tough situations come up. All you can judge them on is how hard they work to fix it, and whether or not they actually care if you get a resolution.

"and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what."

Well for me it wasn't quite the end of the day, it was 2 1/2 days later when they finally shipped a replacement modem that I asked to please be rushed and paid $30 shipping. Rather than just drive to Canada Computers and have a new modem in my hand within an hour, I decided to give my business to Teksavvy. What I got in return was no useful information on the phone, and a curt "pay up or we'll cancel your order in 48 hours" e-mail.

I'm not exactly feeling the love right now.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

said by My2Cents :

"and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what."

Well for me it wasn't quite the end of the day, it was 2 1/2 days later when they finally shipped a replacement modem that I asked to please be rushed and paid $30 shipping. Rather than just drive to Canada Computers and have a new modem in my hand within an hour, I decided to give my business to Teksavvy. What I got in return was no useful information on the phone, and a curt "pay up or we'll cancel your order in 48 hours" e-mail.

I'm not exactly feeling the love right now.

Would you mind sending me a PM JenSuisUn See Profileso we can look at this situation together. I'd like to find out what happened.

Or if you'd rather post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum we can look at things there as well.

Thanks,
Martin

My2Cents
@teksavvy.com

My2Cents

Anon

said by JenSuisUn:

Would you mind sending me a PM JenSuisUn See Profileso we can look at this situation together. I'd like to find out what happened.

Or if you'd rather post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum we can look at things there as well.

Thanks,
Martin

Hello Martin, It seems that I can't post in Direct forum or PM you.

Thank you for your response. Unlike the OP, I don't want any financial compensation, I don't want to discourage anyone from using Teksavvy, I don't want to get anybody in trouble, and I most certainly don't want someone to lose their job or quit in frustration. I would hope that my experience could help you to better serve the needs of the customer when they call.

Perhaps I was asking for something special when I enquired about express shipping; I didn't know, I was desperate to get my internet and voip phone back. I had planned to work from home for much of the following week. On my first call on Saturday I was disconnected while on hold waiting for the CSR to find out about shipping options. Up to that point he was very helpful and sympathetic to the fact that my modem got damaged by a lightening hit and we were having a pleasant conversation; nobody was swearing or yelling at anybody. While on hold my line went silent, no music. I waited for about 15 minutes then hung up thinking that TSI might be trying to call me back. I had used the callback feature { great feature, by the way } and gave the cell number I was holding. So Point 1... if a customer with whom you're having a pleasant conversation gets disconnected while on hold, put them back in the queue for a call-back.

On my second call on Monday morning, I was calling just to verify that the order had gone through. I was told that because of the call disconnect, the order process was cancelled. I also had to hold this time while shipping options were investigated. I was told... they don't like to do that... it will take 3 days as opposed to 3 - 5 days normal shipping. That didn't seem right to me since $30 buys you overnight delivery within Ontario. Basically the CSR, as pleasant as she may have been, and fully deserving to keep her job and even receive a raise, really had no idea how long it would take for me to receive a replacement modem. Once I had given all the details and requested the $30 express option, the CSR told me that this would be taken from the credit card on record. I asked if there even was a credit card on record; I honestly don't remember if I ever used a CC with TSI. At the beginning of the call I was asked "how do you pay for your service?" I answered "online banking". At this point I think the CSR was confused as how to handle this payment situation. Point 2... CSRs should have better access to such information as shipping times. Also, she should have transferred me to accounting as soon as there was any question of payment method that she couldn't answer. Here was a customer willing and eager to pay, just wanted to know how.

That evening, I got the infamous e-mail....

We have received your order; thank you for thinking of us.

As stated at time of registration, we are a prepaid service and we require confirmation of payment before we can process your order.

To make an online or telephone banking payment:

...snip...

Orders are held in our system for 48 hours. After that time the order is cancelled, and the process will need to be started over.

Point 3... This is not a very pleasant message; the kind that I would expect from Bell or Rogers, not from "an ISP that cares". "After that time the order is cancelled"? I really don't feel the "thank you for thinking of us" vibe of the opening statement. This was especially frustrating to receive after I had already said that my internet was down. I did the banking transaction while sitting in my car using a hot spot. My response e-mail may have hinted at my displeasure with this, and not being told this requirement on my earlier call.

I call in on Wednesday to check if the modem had been shipped. Someone has to be at home to sign for the package, so I want to get some idea of when that might be. I get a "maybe it will ship today, maybe tomorrow" response. Point 4.. Keep better track of customer orders and know the current status.

On Thursday I finally received a confirmation e-mail for my payment. No mention of whether or not the modem was shipped, no tracking number, nothing. In contrast, I ordered some additional network gear from a small Toronto company on a Friday morning. On that same afternoon I got a shipping confirmation notice with a tracking number that I could follow online and knew exactly when to expect a package. Delivery was Monday, and the shipping cost was $9.99. Now that's service!

The modem did arrive on Friday, but honestly if it had not.. after asking my wife to stay home for 2 days and wait for a package I didn't even know when to expect, I would have stopped at the Rogers store on the way home from work and asked if I could sign up on the spot and walk out of there with a modem. That's how frustrated I was, I was willing to make a deal with the devil, ugh!

Thanks for listening Martin.

Here's something you might find interesting about the CSR / Customer relationship...

»www.cbc.ca/doczone/episo ··· ice.html
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan

Here's something you might find interesting about the CSR / Customer relationship...

»www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/custo···ice.html
Although I'm a fan of a lot of the shows on CBC, this particular show is hilarious. @ around 7:30 the mystery shopper muses that customers feel that customer service employees don't care about them and that it's sad. Newsflash genius, companies DO NOT care about you! If they did they wouldn't overcharge you and have business practices that would make the mafia wish they were in on the act.

For example, let's talk about banks. If you have a credit card with one of the major Canadian banks, you'll pay 19.99% interest if you're late on your payment. If the extraordinarily high and unfair interest rate isn't bad enough, how about paying this interest rate on your ENTIRE balance even if you've paid off 99% of it.

That's right; if your balance is $1000.00 and you pay $999.00, the 19.99% interest will be charged on the entire $1000.00, not the $1.00 you owe. And do you know why these banks do this? Because they care... not about you of course, but about maximizing their profits.

Bell, Rogers, Telus, Shaw, Cogeco...etc, also operate the same way. I won't put Teksavvy into this category because I think they're much better.

Customers need to wake up and realize that most companies couldn't care less about them. While it's true that they spend a lot of money pretending to care via feel good commercials and other media projects, their actions clearly show otherwise.

These companies provide all the sizzle but no steak and it's done by design because most people are easily fooled by someone who's been trained to be a smooth talker. How many times have you heard someone tell you that they bought that product or service from the telemarketer because he was no nice. That "nice" telemarketer doesn't think twice about misrepresenting what he's selling because he needs to meet his sales quota. Not meeting this quota will mean that he'll be looking for a new job next week.

Marc, DO NOT show this crappy video to your employees unless it's with the intention to mock it! It's total crap.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

dra6o0n

But it's not like they 'want' to screw you over if they can't care, those actions comes with great risks.

So in a sense, 'corporations' don't care, and if they bothered to mess with their customers, it'd be with power or abilities, like making it seem like it's not them that did it... Riiiiight?

It's kinda obvious that any 'common' companies these days won't simply cause ruckus and let the customers point the finger at them.

If anything, consider this:
Why is it that Rogers consider cancelling and re-signup method? Because they can 'hope' to cause trouble to the teksavvy customers and then let the customers blame them.

As for the bank quote above, quite frankly:
It's called simple interest, and it's what's killing my credit card...
The monetary system, and the credit system, are all devised for the bank's benefit in the end.
Yes the 'bank' is it's own faction.
Government works with 'banks' to systematically trade money with other countries.

And in the end, if Teksavvy's own employees do cause trouble and let it's own company take the blame, that's either:
a) Someone who hates his company
b) Someone who's paid to cause trouble
c) Someone who made a mistake without realizing how much cause and effect it creates.

In any case, Teksavvy is second party, quite powerless to their 1st party distributor (Rogers).
Interesting thing is that it seems everyone on the internet can complain and talk about issues and such, but very little can do anything about it, like we are conditioned to be unable to do so eh?
kabes
join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON

kabes to My2Cents

to My2Cents
said by My2Cents :

Hello Martin, It seems that I can't post in Direct forum or PM you.

You need to register with the site and stop posting anonymously to be able to to do those things.

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to My2Cents

Premium Member

to My2Cents
Hi There My2Cents,

My manager would like to contact you about this situation. If you could post a reliable phone number and time in our direct forum that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Liz