uniqs
dragger
Premium Member
join:2002-06-19
united state

dragger

Premium Member

It's no longer 2005

I've been enjoying the new competition in the cellphone market, so I clicked on the link for Solavei. Down for Maintenance it says. Poor timing at best.

I had heard all the stories about T Mobile but then I started checking the latest comments on the net. Most people were having pretty good service.

They DO have a good, cheap BYOD plan, though it's only available on the internet and you can't be much of a chatterbox. You get 100 minutes of talk but text is unlimited as is data. The only kicker is that after 5 gig of data a month you get throttled. That hasn't been a problem at all since I would rather use my plasma than squint at a 4" screen on my phone.

So I paid $350 for a Galaxy Nexus, and Jelly Bean was pushed about a week after it got here. I pay $30 a month, or actually 28.50 if I use a third party refill card with a discount.

It's painless and cheap.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf

Premium Member

said by dragger:

I've been enjoying the new competition in the cellphone market, so I clicked on the link for Solavei. Down for Maintenance it says. Poor timing at best.

The site is up now and with a little bit of Googling you'll find the poster that claimed how great the service is, actually is an employee.

"Solavei Mobile Service Powered by Relationships" is an MLM (Multi Level Marketing) scheme. The board of directors is loaded with employees of a company called Motricity that trades for $.54 on NASDAQ.

I think you're smart to stick with TMo because your plan sounds right for you.