spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sillyshydq

join:2012-05-15

[DVR] convert to motorola dvrs

why dosen't verizon allow us paid subscribers who pay more then $200.00 a month to convert DVR from cisco to motorola. I was in touch with my local supervisor for the area and was confirmed they offer both platforms but nobody wants to convert me to motorola. WHY?

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

VHO is either Motorola or Cisco, with 4 exceptions. See »Re: [HD] Set top Box brand

Someone elsewhere has reported he is Cisco while his neighbors are Motorola, so that suggests a single CO *can* be a hybrid, but there's a bit more re-wiring involved than just sending you a Motorola DVR.

I suspect a CO is either one or the other even if the VHO is both. What's your location or VHO?

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ
reply to sillyshydq

the vhos that are cisco and also motorola. there are no cisco only vhos

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sillyshydq

Not sure of their current plans but at one point they were thinking of going to all Cisco boxes in the future.

Motorola Mobility has been sold at least once in recent years. And current owner Google is thinking of selling off the part that makes the STB again.
»www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-2···ess.html

Xela19115

join:2000-10-06
Richboro, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by tnsprin:

Not sure of their current plans but at one point they were thinking of going to all Cisco boxes in the future.

Motorola Mobility has been sold at least once in recent years. And current owner Google is thinking of selling off the part that makes the STB again.
»www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-2···ess.html

Whether Google keeps or sells Motorola Home business has zero difference to VZ FiOS set-top box plans. If Motorola Home is sold they still will be making boxes for VZ FiOS.

VZ decision to use both Cisco and Motorola boxes instead of just a single vendor has more to do with not putting all of their eggs into a Motorola basket and at the same time getting a better pricing from both Motorola and Cisco for their set-tops. Whether one has a Motorola or Cisco box, either one will do the job well and work on the FiOS network. VZ has a pretty rigorous QA and they are pretty good at making sure that boxes do what they supposed to do but since we all don't live in a perfect world VZ has to make a priority call what software and hardware gets the attention first.
--
xela19115

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

...VZ has a pretty rigorous QA and they are pretty good at making sure that boxes do what they supposed to do....

Ha, that's funny. Were you around for the disaster that was the IMG 1.9 rollout?