All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bon Scott
join:2009-09-12

Bon Scott

ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 Rev 1 question.

What is the largest size hard drive I can put using the ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 Rev 1 motherboard? I have a C drive now and another HD in the windows 7 pc now. I want to add two more hard drives. I would love to put two 3 terabyte drives in that PC. Are their limitations as to how large "terabyte-wise" I can go?

Thank you very much.
Chrno
join:2003-12-11

Chrno

According to the BIOS notes here:

P6T Deluxe V2 1003 BIOS
1. Fix HDD size shown incorrectly if it's bigger than 2.2TB
2. Fix DEL and F8 keys doesn't work with Microsoft Reclusa Keyboard

I think it's safe to say the board will support drives larger than 2TB. You may need to update the Intel SATA driver if you are currently set to use AHCI.

Bon Scott

Bon Scott

Thank you.

Exactly how do I update that driver?

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu

MVM

Issue isn't with drivers -- what Chrno See Profile showed you was the PC BIOS changelog.

Just make sure you're running BIOS version 1003 or newer. You can go to Asus's site and download the latest BIOS + updater.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 edit

Octavean to Bon Scott

MVM

to Bon Scott
Also as a side note, in order to boot from such a HDD (2.5TB, 3TB, 4TB) you presumably need a 64bit OS like Windows 7 64bit or Windows Vista 64bit and have a EFI/UEFI BIOS which I don't believe the ASUS P6T Deluxe has.

I know you didn't ask about booting from it but I just thought I would toss that in should you wish to change your configuration in the future.

***edit***

Changed GB to TB,...

Bon Scott

Bon Scott to koitsu

to koitsu
Is updating the bios risky? What should I look out for?

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

said by Bon Scott:

Based on your previous posts/threads, I think it is safe to assume your computer knowledge is very minimal. Do not update your BIOS on your own. You will mess up your PC. Do you have any computer savvy friends that can help you with the process?

Bon Scott

Bon Scott

said by Omega:

said by Bon Scott:

Based on your previous posts/threads, I think it is safe to assume your computer knowledge is very minimal. Do not update your BIOS on your own. You will mess up your PC. Do you have any computer savvy friends that can help you with the process?

I built my own computer several years ago. After that I had AVA build one for. I admit I no longer have great knowledge of all the technical details of computers today.

If updating the bios is easy I will do it. If too risky I won't.

Omega
Premium Member
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

Each BIOS is different. Typically you download the new file on your PC. Then you save it to a USB drive or floppy disk if your computer is old. Follow the installation instructions and your BIOS should be new. I guess you could say it is easy, but there is a lot of room for error that could render your motherboard useless.

Bon Scott

Bon Scott

I updated the bios using Asus EZ Flash 2. It was as easy as pie. For some reason my computer is faster and snappier. I love it.

Omega
Premium Member
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

Good to hear!