spc
uniqs
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to Don1806

to Don1806

Re: [IL] Phone and Internet Drops Out for Past 3-4 Weeks

do you have a docsis 3 modem? if not get one and that will fix the issue since you have phone mediacom will have to replace the modem. I was having same issues here in fisher they upgraded the cmts in mohomet to D3 and for some reason the upgrade is knocking d1 and d2 modems for a loop. I replaced my sb5101 with a sb6121 and all was fixed plus I'm bonding channels so I dont see speed drop outs like I did.
Don1806
join:2012-09-21
Mahomet, IL

Don1806

Thanks for the info. Waiting to hear back from MediacomChad on his findings and will call to inquire about modem replacement as well. Last time I checked, they had all of our traffic rerouted to Waterloo IA so I figured something was up with the system or infrastructure here.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

nah mediacom went to these 50. ip addys and it says were in Iowa. They just could not leave the 173. addys alone atleast they showed the geo location data right. the 50. will say Iowa till mediacom gets crap straight on there end. That could take years lol...

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

said by GLIMMER:

nah mediacom went to these 50. ip addys and it says were in Iowa. They just could not leave the 173. addys alone atleast they showed the geo location data right. the 50. will say Iowa till mediacom gets crap straight on there end. That could take years lol...

That's not Mediacom's problem.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

its not a ican problem it your problem you really look stupid defending mediacom sometimes. Mediacom is the one who decided to switch to 50. addys. So yes there the problem

Doityourself
@mycingular.net

Doityourself

Anon

Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? Bogon filtering lists are not controlled by the ISPs. All the ISPs can do is request they remove their scope from the list and go from there. What is mediacom suppose to do?
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

First off I was trying to help the op. Second get an account before you say stuff. Third its mediacoms fault because they chose to switch IP addresses. Mediacom always does things half way.
ryamjohnson0
join:2012-09-07

ryamjohnson0 to GLIMMER

to GLIMMER
I contacted Mediacom Support and they also suggested its a docsis 1.0 issue with my Modem (Motorola SB5101). Modem basically burns itself out. They are going to send me a test Doscis 2.0+ perhaps 3.0 and see if it makes a difference. If so I will purchase a new one myself.

He (Tech) sounded pretty convinced that the old modems cant handle the lastest speed increase 15Mbps. He also stated this fixed his home connection as well.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Keep me updated once you get the new modem.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to ryamjohnson0

to ryamjohnson0
the sad thing is the sb5101 is a docsis 2 modem not a 1.0... There is a problem with channel 102 my 5101 will conect to it and it causes problem the sb6121 wont connect to that channel so all is well
ryamjohnson0
join:2012-09-07

ryamjohnson0

Will do.
ryamjohnson0

ryamjohnson0 to GLIMMER

to GLIMMER
Good point the Motorola SB5101 is a Doscis 2.0. We'll see what happens either way.