Search similar:

uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

4 edits

haroldo

[iOS 6] Mail now allows you to delete recent senders

I just noticed two improvements in Mail (and a negative for keyboard)

First, it appears that any cached address not in your contact list was scrubbed from Mail, so an older or incorrect address won't appear as a suggested name.
In addition, next to some names (presumably addresses not in your contact list) there is a side arrow allowing you to add to Contacts or remove the address for Recents.
No more bad addresses appearing as a suggestion.
This is great!

Also noticed they took away the ability to long hold a letter to type an alternate character. For example, you could formerly hold the comma key to type the apostrophe, no longer.
If you want a shortcut to the apostrophe, or other characters, you now have to hold the key and slide up to the pop up character to type the apostrophe.
I guess a lot of people, unaware of the feature had a problem with it. It would be nice if that was an option to add back in settings (long hold types alternate character)
Yet another hidden Apple change/feature...I wish they would publish these changes in an easy to find list, like a button in the home screen called "whats changed"...grr (end of rant)