Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to why60loss

Mod

to why60loss

Re: Pittsburgh LTE network being murdered w iP5

I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon. LTE is virtually unusable.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

You may need to take it back or sell it then.

You can look at the verizon review I made to see if the issue I had is the same as yours with speed. And I think AT&T just put out LTE in your area so you should tell them if they don't fix it. then your going to AT&T.

P.S I did not make the iphone video. Just showing a issue is all.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7 to Mike

to Mike
said by Mike:

I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon. LTE is virtually unusable.

Lol, sounds like their network might need more reinforcement Its good though, never hurts for them to add more bandwidth to a network.. Even with the share plans

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike to why60loss

Mod

to why60loss
I don't think you understand.

I just did a speed test and it was 6mb downstream.

That's incredible to me.

I lived on ATT 3G (sub 200kbps avg throughput) since the iPhone 3G.

This is a huge upgrade and well worth it.

I've bitched to ATT for years at how shitty their service is.

I'll take some initial destruction of the network if it settles down. I can also use voice too without it dropping after 10 seconds. This is magic to me.

why60loss
Premium Member

why60loss

Premium Member

I am sorry ATT did not work for you, but if your really having a issue. Don't just sit there and wait for it to be fixed. I know when I got my Droid razr back in 2011. If I just let it be. I would have had 4 hour battery life, 4G that does not hold and when it did it would run at 600kbs. Call's droped and over heating.

I have never seen under a 1mbs on AT&T 3G before.( I have had over 4mbs most of the time and up to 12mbs max on the download.) With Verizon 3G Avg 300-900kbs DL. I am not seeing that kind of slow down with verzion 4G LTE and I live in one of the first AT&T and verizon LTE markets. So I think your iphone may have a 4G issue.

If you keep on having the issue. Then you should make a video and upload it to youtube.

P.S Good luck, hope it's better than mine was at getting any issues fixed.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

It's fine. Pittsburgh is a third world country when it comes to technology.

I'm impressed we have electricity and even an Apple Store.

why60loss
Premium Member

why60loss

Premium Member

Well I will likely be moving into a area that's more like a forth world country.

I'm impressed that I get and have been getting AT&T and Verzion LTE yet t-moblie has 2g over my home. That and we don't have a apple store.( Got to go out of town for that.)

Any way good luck to you and I hope it's better than AT&T was to you.