WarningU2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON

WarningU2 to Dingaan

Premium Member

to Dingaan

Re: [Eastern Ontario] Email malfunctioning

Looks like it is happening again. Reports of authentication popups starting yesterday ... continuing into today.

Personally this doesn't impact me anymore, I've moved my email to another provider. I've just left the accounts assoc. with cogeco to review mail sent there and notify people I care about knowing my email. So in the meantime as we cope with yet another outage ...time to turn off send/receive for those accounts for the next little while.

Cogeco was kind enough to credit me $5 for past outages ... so that is nice. I'll have to call again to complain.

kittyburgers
join:2012-01-31

kittyburgers

I never really thought I would have to say this, but I'm feeling that the general consensus (it would seem) that Cogeco email is more unreliable than the other providers (Microsoft and Google) is unfortunately true for me as well. I get far too many error messages and username/password pop-ups in Outlook these days with my Cogeco email accounts.

Cogeco, get your bloody act together and update your email services and provide users with an easy to use, reliable web-based email interface and let us easily forward out mail to other addresses.
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to WarningU2

to WarningU2
said by WarningU2:

Looks like it is happening again. Reports of authentication popups starting yesterday ... continuing into today.

Like I said before, this is the new normal weekend routine. LOL

WarningU2
Premium Member
Burlington, ON

WarningU2

Premium Member

How do you contact Mr. Audet ?
Dingaan
join:2002-02-19
Bath, ON

Dingaan

One way is to go to Sedar and find a senior VP who you could ask to relay your message to Audet. Or try the Corporate website and choose another senior person to ask.
»www.cogeco.ca/cable/corp ··· nvestors
or better still:
»www.hoovers.com/company/ ··· i-1.html

I am sure they have had an earful from those who have been hurt by the poor service. But for those who are shareholders, there is also concern, and putting some pressure on management is justified.

WarningU2
Premium Member
Burlington, ON

WarningU2

Premium Member

Thank you.

I have also sent email to the major newspapers but without result. No one seems to care this time around despite attracting attention the last outage.

What is more disturbing to me, in that researching Cogeco I found news about their investments overseas and in the US.

I believe they are f$%#$d and what we are seeing now is a symptom of a much worse issue, and unfortunately the result will eventually end in Cogeco no longer existing. This only contributes more to a monopoly by either Bell or Rogers.
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

So lower the costs of keeping the system stable, and increase our bills to try not to loose money and make some?

Less expenses and more income?

WarningU2
Premium Member
Burlington, ON

WarningU2

Premium Member

Huh? I'm not advocating Cogeco stays in business.
Dingaan
join:2002-02-19
Bath, ON

1 edit

Dingaan to WarningU2

to WarningU2
said by WarningU2:

Thank you.

I have also sent email to the major newspapers but without result. No one seems to care this time around despite attracting attention the last outage.

Not much, but they did publish something:

»www.thewhig.com/ur/story/510203

and this

»bayobserver.ca/cogeco-ig ··· r-pleas/