spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jacketfeng
join:2008-12-21
Toronto, ON

jacketfeng

[TV] some channels are unavailable helps~~~~~~

i have some channels are unavailable since few days ago.(channels 528,510,515,516)

when i turn into this channel , the pink box comes out said the channel is unavailable and try again later.

does anyone had this experience ?

do i need to call the tech?

and the randomly cricking for the extend hdd is driving me crazy.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

Have you done a hard reboot (unplug the box, wait a couple of minutes)? This has happened to me before and a hard reboot fixed it every time.
jacketfeng
Toronto, ON

1 edit

jacketfeng

said by metalhawk:

Have you done a hard reboot (unplug the box, wait a couple of minutes)? This has happened to me before and a hard reboot fixed it every time.

yes i did.
Luckily the 528 come back. i can watch NFL by now. but the rest still unavailable.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to jacketfeng

Premium Member

to jacketfeng
I had this last week. Bunch of channels stopped working, i had a message "Tuning, please wait" then "Channel not available".

I waited a couple days, as things like this usually fix themselves, but the didnt, so I called Rogers. They said you have low signal...

So a tech was scheduled for Saturday morning, but Friday evening all channels started working again on all boxes in the house... Anyway i figured when the tech came on saturday he can just double check the signal... When he arrived I told him the deal, he said yeah there was a glitch in the area the entire week, but Rogers was too stupid to notify customers, and wasting the techs time... Anyway he checked the signal all was well, he did replace the outside box and the connectors in the box and the pedestal, as well as the splitters by the electrical panel in the basement... He says "Rogers pays us in piece work". Essentially he did work that was not necessary, but in order to justify the call he probably wrote in his report that a bunch of stuff needed replacing...

Stupid Rogers and their choice to outsource...

We all pay a higher price on it every spring...

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by HiVolt:

I had this last week. Bunch of channels stopped working, i had a message "Tuning, please wait" then "Channel not available".

I waited a couple days, as things like this usually fix themselves, but the didnt, so I called Rogers. They said you have low signal...

Yep Cable problem. I had that last year. Just replaced original cable with new one. Run the cable myself from basement to upstairs. When complained to Rogers about this they came and installed a 4 port box which amplifies the signal. But the problem appeared again. So replaced the cable myself. They charged me $99, two times, when it should have been free. Got it reversed.
jacketfeng
Toronto, ON

jacketfeng to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

So a tech was scheduled for Saturday morning, but Friday evening all channels started working again on all boxes in the house... Anyway i figured when the tech came on saturday he can just double check the signal... When he arrived I told him the deal, he said yeah there was a glitch in the area the entire week, but Rogers was too stupid to notify customers, and wasting the techs time... Anyway he checked the signal all was well, he did replace the outside box and the connectors in the box and the pedestal, as well as the splitters by the electrical panel in the basement... He says "Rogers pays us in piece work". Essentially he did work that was not necessary, but in order to justify the call he probably wrote in his report that a bunch of stuff needed replacing...

Stupid Rogers and their choice to outsource...

We all pay a higher price on it every spring...

OMG, so i need to call for the tech.

and there is nothing i can do now right?