share rss forum feed

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

2 edits

[iO] Low volume on SA4200 and 4250HD

Has anyone experienced low volume on their SA 4200 and 4250HD Boxes? I just got a few for the digital switch over and we have an older 4250HD that we've had for a few years now that's audio is noticeably higher when you switch from one box to the other. I have 2x 4250's in the same room, one for TiVo and one for regular tv watching. Any ideas why the audio levels may be different? Both are set to "Fixed" volume.

Also just curious does anyone know what system Matamoras is on, and where our headend is?

HowLynn

join:2008-07-18
In the same menu where you set Audio: Volume Ctrl to Fixed, change Audio: Range to Narrow. This gives a small but noticeable increase in volume.

Doesn't seem intuitive, but there you are.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
said by HowLynn:

In the same menu where you set Audio: Volume Ctrl to Fixed, change Audio: Range to Narrow. This gives a small but noticeable increase in volume.

Doesn't seem intuitive, but there you are.

before you set the volume to "fixed", press the volume button "+" on the box itself and make sure its at the max.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
kudos:1
reply to andrewc2
I have this issue with the samsung box. On the tv in my kitchen even at full volume its very hard to hear it. I tried all the settings and eventually gave up. Its hooked up via HDMI.