spc
uniqs
usquared
join:2005-08-14
Spokane, WA

usquared to TechMike

to TechMike

Re: Zyxel Q100 Still Compatible?

I have the same modem (Zyxel Q100) from September 2009.

I just upgraded to 40/20.

The modem's control panel says "CONNECTED 31588/19257 KBPS". The stated upload connection is usually much lower - 19257 is the highest it's ever read.

My highest tested speeds at speedtest.net are 31.69 / 15.88.

I asked CenturyLink about why the connection is about 75% what it should be for both upload and download. They claimed it's the modem, because it's "an old modem". Though, CenturyLink's site said the modem was compatible.

I've tried about 20 speed tests over the last 4 days, rebooted the modem many times, and reset the firmware to factory settings.

Still having the problem, and I don't know if it really is the modem.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

What speed does the modem say it's sync'd at? Have you tried connecting directly to the NIC on the side of the house?

I believe Bestbuy sells the Actiontec C1000 (or C1000a can't remember the exact model #) for $100. You could pick one up & see if that solves the problem & if it doesn't, bring it back.
said by usquared:

I have the same modem (Zyxel Q100) from September 2009.

I just upgraded to 40/20.

The modem's control panel says "CONNECTED 31588/19257 KBPS". The stated upload connection is usually much lower - 19257 is the highest it's ever read.

My highest tested speeds at speedtest.net are 31.69 / 15.88.

What speed
usquared
join:2005-08-14
Spokane, WA

usquared

said by TheMayor:

What speed does the modem say it's sync'd at?

Is that different from what the modem says here?:
CONNECTION STATUS:

Qwest Broadband:
CONNECTED 31588/19257 KBPS

ISP Status:
CONNECTED

I'm not familiar with the acronym NIC with regards to the side of the house. I guess you mean like plugging in the modem directly into the line that goes to the house, to eliminate the possibility of anything in the house causing the problem. Yeah I should try that.

That's also a good idea about trying a modem from Best Buy.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

Sorry about that I misread the line & thought you only did a speed test. Didn't realize you posted both.

Instead of NIC, I meant NID. The box that is on the outside. I posted a wikipedia link that shows what I am referring to.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ne ··· e_device
said by usquared:

said by TheMayor:

What speed does the modem say it's sync'd at?

Is that different from what the modem says here?:
CONNECTION STATUS:

Qwest Broadband:
CONNECTED 31588/19257 KBPS

ISP Status:
CONNECTED

I'm not familiar with the acronym NIC with regards to the side of the house. I guess you mean like plugging in the modem directly into the line that goes to the house, to eliminate the possibility of anything in the house causing the problem. Yeah I should try that.

That's also a good idea about trying a modem from Best Buy.

CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to usquared

to usquared
usquared,

We are happy to assist you with this issue and answer any questions you have. Please send the account & contact information via the link »t.co/lm5JYoPO or email talktous@centurylink.com make sure to include the user name from this post so we may identify you properly.

Thanks
Patti
CenturyLink Help Team