spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas

Anyone figured-out how to update BB2G's PRL?

Preferred Roaming List, that is. My MC760VMU has PRL Version 40412 from two years ago.

Doesn't it seem that there has got to be a way to update this to current towers, and present area?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

Sprint's SID's have not changed for CDMA/EVDO so you should be a-ok.

Since VM doesn't roam it doesn't matter if you have the latest roaming SID's.

My VM760 has the same PRL as you and the new overdrive I just picked up has PRL 61007... both perform the same as far as coverage however, because the sprint/vm SID's are still the same.

laserfan

Texas
reply to laserfan

Thanks, I don't understand everything you said, but it seems logical to me that "since VM doesn't roam" then it doesn't matter about PRLs.

Sure is odd though that nothing about the MC760VMU has needed updating since 2009!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by laserfan:

Sure is odd though that nothing about the MC760VMU has needed updating since 2009!

I agree... I suspect we're a few firmware versions behind the sprint side... but the old adage goes, "If is isn't broken, don't fix it."

laserfan

Texas

1 recommendation

reply to laserfan

And my pairing of the Cradlepoint MBR900 and MC760VMU has worked extraordinarily well for me these many months--I only have problems some Mondays, as if they're doing tower/network maintenance of some sort. Then I switch to Hughesnet if I have to (and use HN every night from 2-7a).