Search similar:

uniqs
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex

Contract ending soon

Hi ALL,

My 2 year contract is ending soon and I want to see what kind of deal I can get. I thought there was a specific web page to go to to see the various deals or bundles and I also thought it was posted here but I did a search and could not find it. When I go to my account and click on Upgrade I am only offered one bundle. I would assume there would have been more options.

Thanks,
Gerry

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

You should see all options under renewal/upgrade

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to Gerryex

MVM

to Gerryex
said by Gerryex:

When I go to my account and click on Upgrade I am only offered one bundle. I would assume there would have been more options.

When I go to upgrade/renewal, there's a button slider for each part of the triple play to increase or decrease a service level. The bundle price is adjusted accordingly. One thing it doesn't do is show results of downgrading to double-play.

RoundTuit
join:2001-12-28
Columbia, MD

RoundTuit to Gerryex

to Gerryex
They are currently offering a $120 prepaid Visa card when renewing a 2-year contract online. This may also be available if you do it via telephone, I don't know, but I avoid calling Verizon like the plague. They tend to tell you half truths and sneak in services you did not order and hope you don't notice when you get the bill, and if you do, you have to call back to get them removed.

I believe in order to get the $120 Visa card you have to accept paperless billing. Also, the only phone option offered with the bundle in my case was FIOS Digital Voice. I upgraded from FIOS POTS to FDV, upgraded from 35/35 Internet to 75/35, and downgraded from Ultimate HD TV to Extreme HD, and the bundle price is $5 less than I was paying before plus the $120 prepaid card. Also, the monthly taxes and fees for FDV are lower.

The changeover was seamless. I ordered it Tuesday evening and it was all completed by the time I got up the next day. No hiccups whatsoever. Actual Internet speeds are 85/39.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

1 edit

birdfeedr

MVM

said by RoundTuit:

I believe in order to get the $120 Visa card you have to accept paperless billing.

The Visa card is offered to those who renew a 2 year contract within 1 or 2 months of the old contract expiring. $120 is the equivalent of a bonus discount of $5/mo. off for a new 2 year contract. That, plus $5 for online order and $5 for 2 year contract is all you'll get, unless you have a legitimate gripe that can call for more discount.

Calling CSR gets you nowhere, unless you're talking about triple to double.

Edit to add: Local FiOS store in this area has all the boxes, and doesn't have any problem with swapping out problem routers, except the only stock they carry is Rev.E.

I turned in an old P2500-1 that is no longer used. My bill just got $7 lighter, should be effective today. I renewed triple play with forced conversion to FDV, with lighter TV services since the same bundle is more expensive than previous, *and* the $15 Valued Customer discount ended. Expected monthly bill is $10 less (includes returning the SD STB). Fair enough compensation for having to use 10-digit dialing where it never existed before.

The bloom is off the rose. FiOS is now just another cable company. Their price increases have put them into the category of "best price wins". And I will consider no one's a winner at the end of 2 years since none of their services are really vital.

tetero
@verizon.net

tetero to Gerryex

Anon

to Gerryex
There's never good deals for existing customers. Here in NY, what I do is every year I switch names between my wife and mine to sign up for new service and get the lower rate plus any special promos they have for new customers. Just cancelled my current one and on the new deal, I will be getting $100 gift card, $50 gift card for self install and a $5 cheaper than if I would renew with the same account.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip

Same address, just a separate account name? I need to keep that in mind the next time mine comes up for renewal. I keep toying with OTA only and using some other service as needed.

Tetero
@myvzw.com

Tetero

Anon

Yes. When you order new service through verizon.com select that current services are not yours and that the current person will be moving out.
After just cancel your current service a day before the new one activates, 24hrs with no fios will do no harm lol