All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Meeps
join:2012-08-20

Meeps to shinjuru

to shinjuru

Re: Borderlands 2

Finished my first playthrough (chose Salvador at the last minute, because gunzerk). I have a few gripes with the game (respawn time, ammo/bank issues), but it is still an AMAZING game. I played the first Borderlands a lot, but this game is so much harder.

I've found that you really need to vary the types guns you use because of ammo issues (Mainly Sniper/Rockets, though rockets are so OP now, so I'm fine with them not having a huge ammo stock).

Fav gun by far is the talking hyperion gun from one of the optional sidequests after you save a certain someone from jail (trying not to give spoilers here). Love troll gun too. Ended up just selling it, but it was hilarious.

Playing as Zer0 now, having giant ammo issues with the sniper, but I have enough backup weapons from my first playthough which I transfered over.

3 oranges from 1 playthough (one being from the final storyline boss) Oranges are so much more rare this time around. Use those gearbox keys wisely (I got a level 16 rocket launcher, very powerful and handy for getting back up).

beldin
Script Monkey number 50
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Union, SC

beldin

Premium Member

Still working on my first playthrough. I've actually got three characters that I've run to Sanctuary. Focusing on Maya, now. Just finished rescuing Roland. Got my ass handed to me as Zero. I didn't realize I'd need corrosive weapons and I had nothing that would take down the badass bot. Did a little better with Maya since I had an inventory full of corrosive weapons and a kick-ass explosive shotgun.

Meeps

Meeps

said by beldin:

I didn't realize I'd need corrosive weapons

Yeah... One thing I've found is that a corrosive weapon is a MUST at all times once you encounter hyperion troops. The game has become a lot more elemental based, compared to the first Borderlands.

I finished the first playthrough on Zer0, huge fan of his sniping skill tree. I'll be doing a second playthrough on him before I use any other character. This is mainly because of the awesome sniper rifle drop I got from the final storyline boss. 1960 damage, 0.9 Fire rate, 96% accuracy with 15% extra damage and 180% extra crit damage. Critting for around 30k at level 30.

Love this game.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I started my first run through as Maya but I found myself using my sniper rifle more than any other weapon so I parked her at Sanctuary and started a Zer0 playthrough and I really like both of them.

Can't wait to run with the other two guys.

Meeps

Meeps

Same here. I ended up sniping a lot when I played through on Salvador, one of the reasons why I played Zer0 instead of doing a playthrough 2.

I'm quite interested to try Maya, I've barely seen anyone online use her (mostly soldiers and gunzerkers). Her phazelock seems interesting, a handy way of dealing with badasses I'd assume.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Meeps:

Same here. I ended up sniping a lot when I played through on Salvador, one of the reasons why I played Zer0 instead of doing a playthrough 2.

I'm quite interested to try Maya, I've barely seen anyone online use her (mostly soldiers and gunzerkers). Her phazelock seems interesting, a handy way of dealing with badasses I'd assume.

That is weird that there are not more of her, considering you will NEED at least one siren in the party when you take on the ultimate boss in this game because of her heals and ability to spec to revive players with her phaselock.

Meeps

Meeps

I've only been playing through 1 up until now, so TeraTI hasn't really been a thought. I did check out a few vids of him, looks fun .

I played up until The Fridge on playthrough 2 of Zer0. Creatures are becoming quite strong and the cost of buying ammo is becoming quite expensive, so I am starting to struggle.

Started making a siren on BL2. After playing Siren on BL1 (seriously, the most OP character on BL1 by FAR), I had pretty big expectations for this one. So far... she has somewhat lived up to those expectations.
I can see how Maya's phaselock will come in handy later on in the game when enemies start beefing up. For now I'm just grinding through the lower levels. I'm a big fan of the Claptrap's storage system. My siren has OP weapons from my other characters which I kept. Very handy.

Still love this game, lol.
StubbyinKCMO
join:2008-11-15
Kansas City, MO

StubbyinKCMO to Meeps

to Meeps
You talking about THIS shotgun? LOL!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

And yes, Maya is pretty awesome with the Phaselock. If she cant pick them up, then they take damage. Just unlocked the added ability to draw in enemies around her if you phase someone.

Meeps

Meeps

Yes, that's the one

It has a level 13 req (mine does anyways) and is very powerful for it's level. great hand-me-down to future characters.

Apparently theres (at least) one more out there, a sniper (I think) that critisises anything you do in a female voice. I saw someone playing with it in a public game, was hilarious XD!