dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

TypeNameHere to Subaru

Anon

to Subaru

Re: [Tech] Plastic head light refinish

For the last (at least) 20 years I have used (and will continue to use) Mother mag polish.
»www.mothers.com/02_produ ··· 101.html

Nowhere will they say that it's good for this type of use...but who am I to care ?
It costs less than any of the lense polishing kits, is much easier to find (hell, Home Depot and Walmart has it...and probably your local grocery store too) and there is much more than just a use or two in the jar.

I would never take any sandpaper to a lense since it removes the coating, and they are all coated.

Try it, 2 minutes tops per lense.

MooJohn
join:2005-12-18
Milledgeville, GA

MooJohn

If you have to sand because the plastic is just too cloudy, flaking, or yellowed, the coating is long gone anyway.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl to TypeNameHere

Premium Member

to TypeNameHere
said by TypeNameHere :

For the last (at least) 20 years I have used (and will continue to use) Mother mag polish.
»www.mothers.com/02_produ ··· 101.html

Nowhere will they say that it's good for this type of use...but who am I to care ?
It costs less than any of the lense polishing kits, is much easier to find (hell, Home Depot and Walmart has it...and probably your local grocery store too) and there is much more than just a use or two in the jar.

I would never take any sandpaper to a lense since it removes the coating, and they are all coated.

Try it, 2 minutes tops per lense.

I will never sand a lens.

That Autozone stuff worked great for me. Like your method.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to TypeNameHere

Premium Member

to TypeNameHere
said by TypeNameHere :

And the Sylvania kit puts the coating back on...