Search similar:

uniqs
jdmm72
join:2002-02-12
Cary, NC

jdmm72 to justchil3

to justchil3

Re: [Speed] Issues since 9/22 & 100mbit upgrade. Cross Lanes,WV

Sorry for the late reply, but what you all need to do, is to have the call center send it to the local plant and have them contact you directly. You want to ask to have your bill prorated down to the level you are receiving until you get the speed you are paying for. The call center won't do it, but the local plant can and will adjust your bill on a monthly basis until it's fixed (which may be months/years/decades).
justchil3
Premium Member
join:2009-07-20
Charleston, WV

justchil3

Premium Member

I just downgraded to 50mbit since that's about what I get during normal hours.

They screwed me big time on my bill. My first month of "107mbit" was 190$. I tried and tried and tried to get them to make things right but they wouldn't. They know they have a monopoly on broadband that's for sure.

Almost 2am on the dot I get 100+. Seems like they "uncap" things around then.

So in short 50mbit is the same as 100mbit for less $$$. It's probably going to be a while before you see 100mbit on a Friday evening or anytime other than 2-6am.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

And that is exactly the reason they sell you a speed tier UP TO 107mb at best effort.
jdmm72
join:2002-02-12
Cary, NC

jdmm72 to justchil3

to justchil3
I'm on a 30Mbps plan, pay for a 15Mbps plan and average about 20Mbps, but during peak, it drops to about 10Mbps. Much better than before though, as it was dropping to .15Mbps and lower, and the telephone MTA was failing to connect also, meaning no telephone. If you are getting 50Mbps, I believe you are lucky, because I just live one hill over in Nitro proper from Cross Lanes.
stevenwalter
join:2012-03-23

stevenwalter to justchil3

to justchil3
I've had 107 meg for close to 3 years now, for the first 2 and a half years or so, I could max the speed out at will (13.75 Megabytes/s on downloads), but since around the time that they upgraded all of their other tiers, I'm lucky to get half of that unless its like 4 am.

So basically, SL upgraded everyone elses connection at the expense of the 107 meg owners, and didn't lower our bill or anything.

I can't wait for the day that Suddenlink has to deal with real competition.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

didn't even know SL had that speed for 3 years
stevenwalter
join:2012-03-23

2 edits

stevenwalter

I think it's closer to 2 and a half actually. I know that I was one of the very first customers, tech told me that 11 other people had it. We were also talking about Cliff Lee pitching an awesome game for the Rangers in the 2010 playoffs, so it was somewhere around Oct of 2010.

Completely beside the point though. Was always able to push it above 12 MB/s anytime of day, up until fall of last year, now I typically get 4-5 MB/s unless it's 3 in the morning. Very frustrating.
longgone
join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV

longgone to justchil3

to justchil3
Another Saturday Night. Arris 760 looks good, maybe except the Up Power is down to 30.75 dBmV, though is down from the usual low 32.50. Months ago the Up Power was steady 39. Anybody know if the low Up Power could be any effect for these extreme slow downs during the evening and night for all these many months??

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

change your speed or try to see if their are other options like frontier available and play that card.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

If the upstream power gets too low it certainly can cause speed issue, and then connection issue when i gets bad enough