spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yedor

join:2012-09-23
Artesia, CA

Verizon DSL Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits?

I have Verizon High Speed internet DSL service. The plan cost 22.91 (the slowest DSL plan).

Here is the billing detail:

Dated 08/22/12
Current Activity $22.91
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees $1.56
Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits $7.52
Total Amount Due 9/15 $0.00
Recent Bill Activity
Payment 9/7/2012 $31.99

What I don't understand is the "Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits" that cost an extra $7.52. I am living in Los Angeles. The surcharge is 30% added to the plan I signed up for, my plan is supposed to be about $23 plus tax.

Am I getting ripped off by Verizon?

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
Click for full size
DSL Extreme VZ pricing
Based on the extra garbage fees for VZ surcharges and credits, I would say yes.. [$7.52] It also depends on if you have regular phone service as well- which does have more junk fees as well. Usually they can take over the line from VZ w/o any downtime for the internet- and in most cases use the existing dsl modem.
Note: there is a $2.88 fee charge by VZ to them- and passed along-with the fee it would be about $18 or so plus tax for a year. [Contract for 12 months..]

I would just switch to someone else.. dryloop dsl.. ie Dslextreme...
[Screenshot: of DSLextreme website: VZ pricing.]
Link: »www.dslextreme.com/dsl/residenti ··· idential - select Verizon pricing on the page or it will show AT&T pricing.

yedor

join:2012-09-23
Artesia, CA
You're right, the extra charge was part of my regular phone bill...but even for my 24.99 plan, I only get the slowest internet speed. And I would like faster speed, but not FIOS, which they try to push, but cost so much more.

I checked out DSL Extreme, but I wonder if they are as reliable as Verizon DSL that I have been having? How come their 24.95 plan has two tier, but one is faster? And it saids 1 year Contract, so does that mean after 1 year, it could cost more?

Thanks for your reply.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:19
The questions about DSL Extreme are better asked in our DSL Extreme forum not here.

»DSL Extreme

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to yedor
I agree with sashwa See Profile ..

That being said, they resell Verizon service.. same port in the CO/ RT etc.. only diffrence being who you pay every month.

If you have any questions.. post in the DSL Extreme forum.. several higher ups [DSL Extreme employees] post there and can help you out.