how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

doublekay

join:2003-11-25
Wentworth, NH

[HN9000] What to do now..

Okay. So about a month ago my HN7000s went from 92 signal to 15. It here and there popped back to working but mostly down. So I call Hughes and they of course say its my equip and they need to send a tech to "repoint" my dish. So okay I dont think its me or my equip but fine. Talk to installer and tell him what I have for a set up. HN7000s, pointed at 99w, but also have an old dish that also has D-TV on it as well pointed at 101. They then refuse to come out till I get an upgrade case they have no parts for that old of a dish. Okay fine. Fight for 3 days with Hughes to get a reasonable upgrade price. Get it and out comes the new dish with the installer and I am now "upgraded" to the 9000. IT SUCKS.. it take forever for the pages to load and the speeds stink. Call and complain and got $20 a month knocked off, great.. but my internet is worst then dial up right now. OF course on "their" speed test it says everything is fine and actually my speeds are double what they "should be". But use a real speed test and I am at dead slow speeds.

SO what do I do now. Upgrade to Gen 4. I have to have internet and have it faster. I cannot watch a 3 minute youtube video without it taking 10 minutes to load. I run a business here and have to have what at least I use to have with the 7000s that worked at least Okay. DSL is rumored to be coming soon, but when I dont know and am not sure that will be the soulution as much as I want it to be as we have crappy phone service out here as well so cannot see the DSL being reliable and even if it is there will be 60+ homes on it and I wonder how well that will run.

I am so frustrated and pissed off. I upgraded because I was forced to and the service is worst, a lot worst as I have dealt with hughes for 12 years and have had my ups and downs. This is the slowest it has ever been!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO NOW???????? Help please I am starting a business and need to have the crappy speeds I was at least use to..
--
HN7000S, 5.3.0.27|Pro Plan| G16, 1250Mhz|Sig 91| Linksys Router|4 clients

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

Other than the age of the equipment, the HN9000 doesn't give you any more speed than did the HN7000S. That said - assuming comparable rate plans - it should not be slower than the HN7000S. So rather than bust a blood vessel ranting about it, you should be on the phone to tech support to get that tech back out. There's no reason for him to have left you with a slower system than he replaced.

Too bad the 7000 didn't hold out for another couple months. You could have avoided all this headache and jumped straight to Gen4. If the tech can't remedy your 9000 woes, perhaps they'll agree to replace it with Gen4 stuff. But expect to be saddled with a new service commitment.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012

doublekay

join:2003-11-25
Wentworth, NH

Thanks Greg.. I guess my biggest problem is that according to them, I dont have any problems because using their speed tests I am getting twice the speed i am suppose to but my browsing is so, so bad now I am seriously better off with dial up. But on the same token them knocking $20 a month off kind of admits they are having issues othewise why would they do it. I may try to get back in touch and have them bump up my plan rather than give me a credit. I am use to overpaying after 14 years with them.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..

If you have Verizon or Sprint service at your home then I would check into Millinecom. You can get a zboost signal amplifier for around $200 and the service from Millinecom will cost you about $200 to start but after that you pay either $60 a month for the Verizon 20 GB a month plan or the same price for the unlimited sprint plan and no contract.

The 9000 is capable of more than double the plan speed but congestion on your beam being from the N.E. is probably what is causing your slower speeds and likely high pings and I doubt it will be resolved anytime soon. You are probably going to be stuck with either upgrading to Gen. 4, switching to Viasat or switching to Millinecom.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

montana_sat
Premium
join:2005-12-05
Kalispell, MT

Beside the fact that the tech has access to all of the HN7000s parts he needs although it might take his distributor a day or two to get them to him! We can still get feedhorns, antennas, transmitters, modems, power supplies, and complete HN7000s systems, so I'm not sure what else they would have needed to get you back online and up to speed! We do HN7000s service calls all of the time and will be doing them for several years to come I'm sure! You have 30 days to back out and tell them you want your HN7000s fixed. They are so hell bent on upgrading everyone to Ka one way or the other that they are forgetting about the customers' needs and worrying about their own! We only consider the 9000 to be an upgrade for HughesNet, not the consumer! LOL! Good luck!

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

I upgraded from a DW4000 straight to the HN7000S, which I ran for a while on my old Chinon equipment. That failed in short time because of the different power adapter, but I did as you suggest; bought a Prodelin dish and an OSIRIS TRIA, and I was back on line without even making a phone call.

Anyway, my interpretation is that DoubleKay experienced a similar Chinon failure.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012