spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Skeleto
join:2012-09-23

Skeleto

[Help Me] Stuck D-Link DIR-600 B2 FW 2.03

Hello guys... here's the story.

I own the above mentioned router and was working great, even after a firmware upgrade from D-link site. (I think it was the 2.5 release). I have (wired) internet from a friend in the next street near my house and I've been using this router for wifi connectivity with a Pantech burst. How?, simply plugging the cord from the internet into the Dir-600 router, then putting another cord to my computer. That way having internet and wifi at home.

Last few days they had a failure on their router which lead me without internet, and at that time the router was working, although I saw the power and globe lights running orange, so I've thought it was their own issue, but anything related to my router. When the internet returned, the modem still had orange lights (power and globe lights), so (mistakenly?), I thought it was a firmware issue.

Desperately I've started to look for firmware flashing on this router (I see that it's impossible that it goes "bricked") Almost immediately started to flash with the Emergency Room option, and still get no responses from the router. It's impossible to get the 192.168.0.1 interface.

Question: As far as I'm seeing, I can get to the Emergency Room interface so, that means that the router could be in good condition to be restored..??

I've downloaded this firmware

DIR-600_fw_revB1B2_2-05B01_all_en_20101213

From this page

»ftp://ftp.dlink.pl/dir/dir-600 ··· oftware/

...and currently still trying to flash from the Emergency Room. It does get the firmware, because I get the message on the screen, and the 80 seconds remaining, but yet with no responses from it. Do I'm missing any step..?? After the Emergency Room thing, is there any other flash that I need to do in order to get responses from the router?

Any help from all of you, will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Can try this:
Emergency Recovery Mode

Load the original FW Version that came on the unit, don't load the latest.

If this fails, then you'll need to RMA your unit.
Skeleto

Skeleto

Is something wrong if I'm using the router in serial with another router while flashing through Emergency Recovery Mode?

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
Shouldn't however it's always recommended to disconnect the router from EVERYTHING accecpt 1 wired PC.
Skeleto

Skeleto

Ok. I did it even no internet connection, but still stuck on the 192.168.0.1 interface. Just can't log into the web interface, even after a successful flash.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
You sure you set your PC back to automatic on networking? Can you ping the address from the PC at all>?
Skeleto

Skeleto

No. It says no media conected.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
What happens if you do a Reset using the button in back?
Skeleto

Skeleto

No. I've tried that before too. Even the 30-30-30 step unsuccessfully
Skeleto

Skeleto

Question... this router could be restored with their own config.bin..?? I remember I've made a backup when it was working.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
No, when its reset it goes back to default settings, there isn't any other specialized config.bin files. Only what is saved after it's been configured. If you tried the recovery process and used IE to do it and it's not working after that, it's time to RMA.
Skeleto

Skeleto

Oh well.. I've suspected it either way. Tried with Chrome, Firefox and EI. Unsuccessfully. What about the tftp method. Still not sure how to perform it, since I don't know where do I have to put the *.bin file on windows 7.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
I don't think there is any way to TFTP it. At least any known public ways too. Call DLink and get an RMA. Let us know how it goes.
Skeleto

Skeleto

said by BimmerE38FN:

I don't think there is any way to TFTP it. At least any known public ways too. Call DLink and get an RMA. Let us know how it goes.

Being honest.. in this part of the world (Dominican Republic), D-link doesn't have any support. They tell you to call customer service in Chile. So I'm trashing this, and buying a new one. Don't thing about buying other D-Link product due to the lack of support. This router was flashed with a factory firmware and even so, it goes bricked. A waste of money and effort.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
FYI:
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =50671.0

Good luck.
Expand your moderator at work
Skeleto

Skeleto to BimmerE38FN

to BimmerE38FN

Re: [Help Me] Stuck D-Link DIR-600 B2 FW 2.03

Oh sure.. been there before to come here to dslreports.com. As for this site

»web.dlinkla.com/home/sop ··· p?prod=0

The number you get, is in Chile, and NOT at regional level, like they say. I've been looking for D-Link headquarters here, and just find retailers. In the end, they don't give any support so you just have to buy another one.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Skeleto

to Skeleto
Try a different model, do you have DIR-655, 657 or 645s there? Those are much better models than the 600 and offers a bit more in options. All work well for me.
Skeleto

1 edit

Skeleto

Edit