spc
uniqs
kingsx
join:2006-02-15
Matawan, NJ

kingsx to HoundNJ

to HoundNJ

Re: [OOL] Upload speed almost zero in 07747

i'm usually hesitant to call, because they always insist on sending a tech to my house without doing any research, and 99% of the time the problem is in the network and not specific to me. i'm up to about 1.4 mbps upload (from almost zero), so maybe its just a heavy traffic weird night. i'll see how it goes.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by kingsx:

i'm usually hesitant to call, because they always insist on sending a tech to my house without doing any research, and 99% of the time the problem is in the network and not specific to me. i'm up to about 1.4 mbps upload (from almost zero), so maybe its just a heavy traffic weird night. i'll see how it goes.

Upload congestion is much less common than downstream congestion. More often if the problem is outside your home ingress would cause the problem.

The call center rep does not have access to the network to do the research you are talking about. Also, I'd say that your estimated percentage of network to individual/field/customer equipment speed issues are very far off, as a majority of issues they run into are almost definitely issues resolved by troubleshooting customer equipment, switching to docsis 3 (downstream only of course), repairing at-the-home wiring (from tap to modem), or resolving a source of ingress somewhere in the field. I'm not going to throw a number at it, and I'm not claiming anything to be your problem since I obviously do not know anything about your situation other than your speeds, but if you contact support, they can see if they find anything.
kingsx
join:2006-02-15
Matawan, NJ

kingsx

Back to normal...