kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to mob

Re: I got real gas today

Another victim of the octane myth.

Your vehicle is designed to use “Regular” unleaded gasoline with pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87.

--owners manual

Higher octane doesn't improve mileage. It reduces early detonations (knock). Sorry to poop on your parade.
If you want to buy regular gas and just send me the extra $.30 per gallon, I can guarantee you the money would be better spent. I'd at least mail you a Christmas card every year.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
said by nunya:

Another victim of the octane myth.

Your vehicle is designed to use “Regular” unleaded gasoline with pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87.

--owners manual

Higher octane doesn't improve mileage. It reduces early detonations (knock). Sorry to poop on your parade.
If you want to buy regular gas and just send me the extra $.30 per gallon, I can guarantee you the money would be better spent. I'd at least mail you a Christmas card every year.

I never said the higher octane rating improved my mileage. The lack of a lower potential energy density fuel mixed into the gasoline was probably the reason the mileage increased.
--
Ich habe kein Mitleid - Me
You're a daisy if you do. - Doc Holliday
And as always, have nice day.

boogi man

join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL
kudos:1
this.

i just wish the sober gas we can get here was 93+ sadly it's only 89. in my bike those 4 points make a difference a very costly one.
--
my site