spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shellux

join:2012-04-14

[MO] Cable card

I currently have Ultra 50 in Springfield and was looking into buying a cable card tuner for the htpc. I was wondering if adding video service to my existing plan change my unlimited data cap?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
Changes to the cable services will not affect the data allowances for your internet service.

shellux

Fantastic, how would I go about adding a cable card and how much do they run monthly?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I can either add one here and have a tech come out and install it, or you can pick one up at your local office. The cable cards are 1.99 a piece/ month.

shellux

If I could pick one up tomorrow that'd be swell, do you happen to know if they have them in stock at the Springfield office?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yes, they do have them available.

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
Be aware -- Chad arranged for me to pick up an M-card at my local office. When I got there the next day, they said they didn't have any. I had to insist that it had been previously arranged, and, miraculously, they found one. Be persistent...

shellux

reply to shellux
On second thought someone will probably have to come out to take the filter off the line so I might be better off having someone come out. Can we arrange that instead?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I can get the scheduled for you. Can you message me with your phone number or account number?

shellux

Messaged

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Thank You.

Big_Craig

join:2005-02-08
Cedar Rapids, IA
Is it possible to pick up and install our own cable cards now? I have just ordered a new TiVo and will need a multi stream card for it. I was debating whether to use one of the cards in my current TiVo (it has two M cards now), and just swap it over. I was going to maybe sell the old one anyway.

But if I can just pick one up and install myself, that would be handy. I have a DTA that I need to return anyhow.

Would there be any available at the Cedar Rapids office?

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
Well you can pick one up at your local office if they have them in stock. Why would you need to 2 M cards for one TiVo? if it's the original series 3 it requires 2 single stream (green sticker) cards and newer TiVos all require 1 M card (red sticker).
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Big_Craig

Cedar Rapids, IA
I have the older series 3. They gave me two M cards when I got them...

shellux

reply to shellux
Never mind, I just called and made an appointment, only took like 5 minutes surprisingly. We'll see what happens

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Let me know if you have any issues. I will followup with you on here when I see it has been completed.

Bierboy

East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Anonymous
said by Anonymous:

...Why would you need to 2 M cards for one TiVo? if it's the original series 3 it requires 2 single stream (green sticker) cards and newer TiVos all require 1 M card (red sticker).

The original S3 requires two cards -- they can be two M, two S or one of each. But it MUST have a card in each slot for each tuner to work.

Anonymous
Premium
IA
Well multi stream cards can be used as a single stream card.
--

Bierboy

East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by Anonymous:

Well multi stream cards can be used as a single stream card.

Did I say they COULDN'T?

Anonymous
Premium
IA
niether did i

Big_Craig

Cedar Rapids, IA
Well, I did manage to pick up another M card at the Mediacom office. The new Tivo arrives today. I will get to install the new card tonight. Hopefully it will work out ok. MediacomChad said he will help me out if I have any trouble getting the card paired.

Anonymous
Premium
IA
said by Big_Craig:

Well, I did manage to pick up another M card at the Mediacom office. The new Tivo arrives today. I will get to install the new card tonight. Hopefully it will work out ok. MediacomChad said he will help me out if I have any trouble getting the card paired.

that's the way to go.
--