s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2

Launch Plans - Whats yours??

I plan on doing this:

1. Emptying out bank / bags of junk on my main that I am leveling.
2. Stocking up on buff food / flasks / consumables.
3. Positioning in SW at Dwarven District.
4. Taking a early nap and getting up at about 2am.
5. Make sure client is up to date.
6. Hit the ground running at 3am for some leveling before going to work.

I am off Weds / Thurs / Friday. I am also :

1. Stocking up mini fridge in PC room with drinks.
2. Stocking up desk area with some snacks.
3. Getting my comfy chair ready.

I am so ready to go!!!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
Welp, I am going to be on tonight just to get all my characters logged in and accumulating rested experience. I will get a chance to play a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday night before I leave for a wedding for 5 days. By the time I get back, I will have almost a full bar of rested XP on most of my characters. My main will have 5 days of rested XP.

I was bummed that I was going to this wedding, but to miss a lot of buffoonery, I think it will be worth it.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC
reply to s1deout
Loading my toon up with mats.
Finishing 25 daily quests, but not turning them in. (Figure the XP boost off of them would be a little help)
Positioning myself in the Keep in Stormwind. (heard that we will receive a quest asking us to meet the King, which starts off the pandaria quests).

Prepping coffee machine for 2:45am

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to s1deout
Nice thread for a Monday morning. I decided to focus exclusively on my DK this xpac, and maybe level my druid later if time allows. This is what I did already:

- Maxed out cooking to 525
- Got fishing to 465 (plan to fish a little tonight)
- Sold all cata herbs/ench materials
- Cleaned out bank and bags
- Capped JP

This is what I plan to do tonight:
- Clear out rest of AH sales - if not sold, vendor or store for later
- Fish a little to get to 500 (my goal before xpac)

Tuesday morning, I'll be up at 2:45 with a Monster drink, having logged off in Stormwind. Nathrezim seems like a low pop server, so I'm not sure...I wonder how crowded and laggy Stormwind and the first Pandaria zone will be? I plan to start off running dungeons and doing the initial dungeon quests ASAP to avoid the rush and get a jump on XP. Will the dailies give much xp, or will it just be minor, you think...?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
pretty sure you cant que for jade until 86 so go a questing first.

as for me , i will continue to level my horde toons first couple of days let the mad rush get out of the wandering isle, then it is on to my monk for the horde guild.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to s1deout
said by s1deout:

I plan on doing this:

I am so ready to go!!!

Sounds awesome! I need a mini fridge in the office. Hmmm... since my wife works from that office during the day... you think I can get one for her for Christmas?
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

pretty sure you cant que for jade until 86 so go a questing first.

as for me , i will continue to level my horde toons first couple of days let the mad rush get out of the wandering isle, then it is on to my monk for the horde guild.

Hmm. Are you sure we can't Q for dungeons right out of the gate...? We could with the Cata ones :-/

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

1 recommendation

reply to Immer
That is what my wife did for me. She bought a Black and Decker mini fridge at Walmart on the 24th , put it in the computer room and stocked it with drinks and Little Debbie snacks for me.

She must love me!!!

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to clawfury
well appearantly you can que at 85 with i lvl of 358, i could have sworn in the beta you couldnt get in til 86, i apologize
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

clawfury

Rochester, MI
No problem, you had me scared for a minute :P

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by s1deout:

I plan on doing this:

I am so ready to go!!!

Sounds awesome! I need a mini fridge in the office. Hmmm... since my wife works from that office during the day... you think I can get one for her for Christmas?

That sounds like one heck of an idea to me. I am sure I can persuade my wife into something similar when we get to Hawaii. I am still trying to figure out what to do in the AM. Not sure if I want to start on my Horde toons or the Alliance side. As of now I am leaning more towards the Alliance side on the Pandaren. I am ready to experience something new as far as class goes and races go.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to s1deout
I leveled up tailoring and enchanting so I could work on professions via dungeons.

So I need to find trainers, then que.

I don't want to do any quests if I can avoid it. My first 90 is my RBG toon (and on a PvP realm). Cross realms has created massive deadly choke-points which will slow down questing significantly. I just want to get her to 90 as quickly as I can between work and life so I can get her RBG ready.

I'll do all of the new content quests on my PvE toon later on. I dislike doing the same quests twice, so I want to save them for the toon I quested BC, Wotlk and Cata on.

I already listed a ton of bags on the AH to hit the early crowd of Monks and Pandas.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
CR will not be implemented for the new zones.

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
said by JB:

CR will not be implemented for the new zones.

Thanks

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to s1deout
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I have no faith the game will be playable tomorrow. I would hope the daily restarts and long down times have fixed everything but it's not like history is on Bliz's side that it will be smooth. On my part I've got all my BoA's positioned and I have the gear ready to roll my new panda monk. I'm looking forward to the new cooking recipes and I want to try to get the Master Of The Ways title.
--
$4 gas, 16 Trillion debt, 8.3 unemployed, and record food stamps... this is better than 4 years ago?

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to JB
I think I have everything ready to go. The only thing I suppose I will need to do is find a remote area to grant my monk its 79 levels with out experienceing too much lag, Then its onto BRC / Vashyr(I figure all the instant 80 monks will be in Hyjal).

Bags.. Check
Glyphs.. Check
lvl78-80 leather cata greens.. Check
Food and Flasks.. Check
Mats to powerlevel LW/Alch.. Check

I'm dual boxxing cata crap with my 82 blood/frost DK, and when the monk hits 85 its dual boxxing with my skinning/mining hunter. I have some ilvl377pvp gear for the monk, but its far from a full set, Im not really that worried since I doubt ill be doing many instances at least not dual boxxing them.

Not taking time off work, so I'll proably just wake up early play a bit then got to work. Have a wedding to go to out of town this weekend, so hopefully I can get 90 or atleast some farming in early this week.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to s1deout
Stare at the screen waiting for crashed realms to be online... sleep, come back Tuesday afternoon until all the servers are up..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to kingdome74
said by kingdome74:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I have no faith the game will be playable tomorrow.

Not sure what makes you think this, I was up at midnight PST for Cataclysm, played until it was time for work, then came back and logged on with no issues in the afternoon.

My money is on things being seamless.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

djlar

reply to djlar
OK, say that everything's working nicely... there will be a lot of griefing on starting zones (both wondering isle and jade forest)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
I dunno man, I think most people in those zones will be doing the same thing we're trying to do...level. Sure there will be competition for mobs, quest items, etc., but I don't think that many people will be going out of their way to make others' gaming experience unpleasant.

I could be wrong, but I believe people are inherently good.

djlar

said by McBrain:

I dunno man, I think most people in those zones will be doing the same thing we're trying to do...level. Sure there will be competition for mobs, quest items, etc., but I don't think that many people will be going out of their way to make others' gaming experience unpleasant.

I could be wrong, but I believe people are inherently good.

You haven't met Goon Squad on our realm...

They will active in placing huge mammoths on quest givers and/or hogging quest items/givers/objectives

They will also be spamming trade/general chat

All this for their devious plan to be realm first something (they were realm first level 25 guild)

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by kingdome74:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I have no faith the game will be playable tomorrow.

Not sure what makes you think this...

I hope you're right but I always keep a healthy supply of skepticism handy when dealing with Bliz.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to djlar
I play on Kil'Jaeden currently where there are about 6 or 7 guilds on each side that live and breathe world PvP, so I see the griefing occassionally. But most of the time those guys police themselves...The gankers gank until someone goes back to SW/Org and puts it in trade that there's some foul shit going on in X zone. Then the calvary is deployed and they take care of it.

Prior to Kil'Jaeden I was on K'T, I'm more than familiar with Good Squad and their antics. The game is so big now that I just go elsewhere and not let those morons ruin my gaming experience.

If people are griefing Jade Forest tonight, I'll sit in Org and wait for my dungeon pop. If they are griefing in the dungeons, I'll just queue BGs. If they're griefing there, then I'll just have to suck it up and force feed some asshole a Fireball or go to sleep.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to s1deout
Note that while CRZ is turned off for Pandaria, they're supposed to be able to instance individual servers as necessary. That means instead of the entirety of a realm pop being in Jade Forest, it'll split into however many instances make the game "comfortable", or whatever their metric is.

I imagine instances will be large pops, but not like 2000 people trying to click the same whatever node at once.

There was a hilarious video in beta of a quest that took about a minute to complete (I'm assuming this got revised at some point), and people formed an actual line. It was like 50 people long, of wow toons queued up. Must've been an EU server.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
said by Nick D:

Must've been an EU server.

Europeans are weird.

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to s1deout
I've got a lvl 80 RAF toon ready to grant levels, and a level 32, going to try to get the level 32 past level 40 tonight, then sleep. I have the next 5 days off work - planning to level my monk to 20, then RAF grant him to 80, then level 80-90 as a tank. If I have enough time left I'll also level my main - hopefully I'll fall in love with the monk and make it my main but I'm not holding my breath.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Nick D
you had to burn a damn scroll in the temple, everyone and thier brother was standing on top of the idol, finally were making 5man groups and just randomly clicking anywhere to get it so we could get it and move on, zooming your camera in and out it was a big mfing pita
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

djlar

reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

There was a hilarious video in beta of a quest that took about a minute to complete (I'm assuming this got revised at some point), and people formed an actual line. It was like 50 people long, of wow toons queued up. Must've been an EU server.

Yeah, they seem to completely remove this quest on later builds, or changed it so any number of players could be doing it...

If they didn't I'll just skip it.. there are more quest hubs out there in Jade Forest..

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to s1deout
Probably the same as most here. Caffeine, snacks and pondering the poopsock. Bought a new cushion and seat cover for the desk chair.

Got a mini fridge next to my desk (kegerator actually) and put a case of diet mt dew in before coming to work, along with 10 bing energy drinks, various fruits and some tamales to slap in the microwave. Got 2 1lb bags of beef jerky, a can of pringles and some bags of microwave popcorn along with a roll of paper towels to clean my hands off. Vacation starts tomorrow through Sunday, and I plan to have my rogue and pally to 90 by the weekend to start dungeons and BG's.

Still deciding which to make PVP main and which to make PVE main. Both are currently maxed JP and honor and have 20 each of their main stat's food and flask, 40 of the new 100k HP food, 20 healing pots and 20 dense bandages with extra embersilk cloth in my bank toon GB if needed.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.
Expand your moderator at work