Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to s1deout

Premium Member

to s1deout

Re: Launch Plans - Whats yours??

Figured I'd ask here. Any reason in particular to log in tonight? Is there a feat of strength for the pre-release hijinks, or pet, or whatever?

Or should I just wait till tomorrow for Amazon to drop off the CE?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to s1deout

Premium Member

to s1deout
Oh, actual launch plans.

Heading to the Irvine launch. I'm hoping for a surprise appearance from ETC. Or at least good viewing for the Blood Legion Challenge Modes and whatever Felicia Day is doing.

I bought the digital copy, so I'm not going to hang around for signings and will probably be leaving around 11:30 (assuming the festivities aren't amazing at that time). I want to watch the midnight rollover in real time.
Nick D

Nick D to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler
said by Thaler:

Figured I'd ask here. Any reason in particular to log in tonight? Is there a feat of strength for the pre-release hijinks, or pet, or whatever?

Or should I just wait till tomorrow for Amazon to drop off the CE?

Only reason would be to trigger rest experience IF they borked it. In previous expacs you had to log in once to get rest experience started back up again, but supposedly this time it starts with you offline.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Not really too concerned with rest exp. Just wondering if there's any reason to get off my duff and log in to play today that I can't be doing tomorrow after getting MoP set up.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by kingdome74:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I have no faith the game will be playable tomorrow.

Not sure what makes you think this, I was up at midnight PST for Cataclysm, played until it was time for work, then came back and logged on with no issues in the afternoon.

My money is on things being seamless.

I played for like 20-hours non stop on release of Cata. No issues whatsoever... except all those quests I got 0 xp for :P

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

Are they doing that again? or do you get exp this time?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to s1deout

Premium Member

to s1deout
Probably get a burger and fries, and an iced tea somewhere. Then head back to work.

Oh....you said "launch" plans. Not "lunch" plans. My bad.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to drew

to drew
I figure I'll get 3-4 solid hours on release before I've gotta go to work...I've got the Keureg ready to go, a Monster in the fridge and a 15mg IR adderral sitting beside the monitor.

Hard part will be waking up and getting dressed without waking the wife up. I recently moved the computer into the bedroom so we could "spend more time together"...I told her I was moving it back to the guest room tonight and she told me not to. Sucks for her if she wakes up, cause I ain't movin' once I get started.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

I figure I'll get 3-4 solid hours on release before I've gotta go to work...I've got the Keureg ready to go, a Monster in the fridge and a 15mg IR adderral sitting beside the monitor.

Hard part will be waking up and getting dressed without waking the wife up. I recently moved the computer into the bedroom so we could "spend more time together"...I told her I was moving it back to the guest room tonight and she told me not to. Sucks for her if she wakes up, cause I ain't movin' once I get started.

uhm

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

The internet is full of marital aids.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

said by McBrain:

uhm

His wife must be bed ridden.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

said by McBrain:

uhm

my thought as well..

Not sure if your post Mcbrain was serious or more levity, but I dont get the need to get amped on pharmacueticals and move a computer into the bedroom in order to play a damn game. If Im laying in bed with my wife the buttons I push wont be on a keyboard.

I dont think I take this game to the level of importance as some here do (not saying this in condecension just as a matter of import). This expansion will be out for 1 1/2-2years what is the rush?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

My wife plays WoW, but there are nights when she just doesn't feel like playing, or the kids had worn her out during the day and she just wants to sleep. She doesn't like going to bed when I'm still up playing. The main reason is that if she hears something in the house, or has a nightmare, or just wants to talk to her husband, she doesn't want to have to yell from the other room. Now, I despise excess light in the bedroom (only when I'm trying to sleep), so I won't put a TV or computer in the bedroom. So, we have a day bed in the office. It allows her to watch TV or zonk out with one of the babies, in speaking range of me whenever she doesn't feel like playing WoW. It also helps keep me accountable for my online activities. Win/Win for us... not the best recipe for everyone, I suppose.

Edit: So, when I finally log off, I usually move the baby to her bed, and gently wake up my wife and we all go to bed... Or I just pull out the trundle, and lay down beside the wife and kid.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
It was her suggestion, I threw me for a loop too. My wife likes to hang out in the bedroom when our kid goes to sleep. We've got a huge room with a huge bed and a 55" tv on the wall. I definitely like watching the tube more in there than in the living room where my kid's toys are and there's nothing on the DVR but Tickety Toc, Robot and Monster, and Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends.

I guess her side of it is this: When our son goes to sleep, we used to hang out for a half hour or so, and I would disappear to the guest room where I'd play WoW until it was time for me to sleep. She'd be long passed out by then, usually. We'd literally spend an hour to an hour and a half together a day.

Now my desktop is on the desk we have in the bedroom and instead of me disappearing into the other room for the night, I can sit near her while she watches The Kardashians, X-Factor, The Voice, or whatever other bad tv show she's watching at the time.

I think the fact that I'm in the same room as her makes her feel better about my playing of a game than me being secluded on the other side of the house.

It honestly doesn't bother me at all. I actually like it. Now I can do what I need on the game, and if she's interested in it she can look over for a second or two while her shows are on commercial break. We can chat a little while I'm waiting for my dungeon queue, or while I'm taking a flight path.

It's the first time I've had my gaming system in the bedroom, and if our next room has the size for it, it'll probably be there too. However, I suspect base housing in Okinawa won't have master suites with the square footage I have now and I'll be in the spare bedroom if we get one, or more likely the living room.

Anyway, I think my post didn't really express what I was trying to say in the best way. Hopefully I cleared it up a little.

Edit: The computer's been in the bedroom for about 2 weeks now and I have a prescription to adderall...15mg when I wake up is 15mg when I wake up, even if that's 2 am. I probably could do without the coffee and the Monster, but hey, I like caffeine.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to s1deout

to s1deout
Some wives prefer to be all day in facebook, some watching soap operas.. the very few like to play WoW..
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
my wifes loathes this game, when the basement flooded last year we had to move the desks up to the living room, now i can play literally within 3 feet of her instead of under the floor, and yet she still loathes it even though she is watching got talent or some other rediculous tv show thats turning her mind to jello.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

said by McBrain:

uhm

Fixed. You didn't highlight the most important line of that quote.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
What I want to know is, how can the wife enjoy whatever she's watching in the same room as you if you're constantly yelling "GET SHIT ON!"

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

She watches Jersey Shore. Someone yelling "GET SHIT ON!" is like, background noise for the show.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
She actually likes those Bajheera videos...Yeah, I made her watch them.

And she used to constantly send me texts when I was in the other room asking me if I was "kicking butt"...so I think she likes to act like she cares on occasion.

She played back in Vanilla/early BC, but we can't really have conversations about it because what she does remember, when not totally incorrect is grossly outdated.

I guess it's better than her brain being completely disentegrated by the mindless television she watches...

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

1 recommendation

kingdome74 to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

my wifes loathes this game, when the basement flooded last year we had to move the desks up to the living room, now i can play literally within 3 feet of her instead of under the floor, and yet she still loathes it even though she is watching got talent or some other rediculous tv show thats turning her mind to jello.

LOL, I've told this story before in here but it still applies - when I first started playing WoW my wife hated it. Now, we'd already been married over 20 years when I started in late 05 so it's not like we were still in that newly-wed stage. So I quit playing and started following her around and doing whatever she wanted to do. After a week of that she was paying my sub to start playing again. She hasn't said a word about it ever since
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

10 years here King, my wife gave up trying to get me stop, war of attrition

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74
this gets my vote for the internet's best for today.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to kingdome74

to kingdome74

LOL, I've told this story before in here but it still applies - when I first started playing WoW my wife hated it. Now, we'd already been married over 20 years when I started in late 05 so it's not like we were still in that newly-wed stage. So I quit playing and started following her around and doing whatever she wanted to do. After a week of that she was paying my sub to start playing again. She hasn't said a word about it ever since

+1

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74
Lmfao

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74
A great anecdote for "be careful what you wish for"

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to s1deout

to s1deout
Off work until Thursday. Mt. Dew, check. Gonna be on @ midnight for the lulz.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to s1deout

Premium Member

to s1deout
The key is to have only two TV's. The kids take one, so when I am not on WoW my wife gets stuck watching ice road truckers, top Gear, coast guard Alaska, etc. She soon is begging me to play WOW again.