uniqs

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

Cross Realms and questing

So from my understanding, Cross-realms were added to allow people to group up to do quests together. So far, not impressed. Initially I thought it would be pretty cool, as I have been seeing a lot of DSLR folks showing up cross-realm on my server. But then I noticed that questing became harder.

I have yet to see people actively seeking others for quests. I have seen several people in an area (Westfall for example) waiting around for mobs to respawn, as the new influx of folks has wiped the required mobs out. Profession leveling is just as bad, as typical locations for ore or herbs have been picked clean.

I tried to get together four different groups last night from random folks. Three of the responses to my offer to group quest were met with "colorful" responses, and one of them who offered to help was quiet the entire time and then vanished once they got the specific thing they needed.

I see the lack of profession leveling mats to push prices thru the roof in the auction house.

Now, I don't want anyone to think of this as a rant. Just an observation I have made over the weekend.

Anyone else have an opinion or care to share their thoughts on the cross-realm stuff?
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

The X-realm thing blows. Every zone (on a PvP server) is full of max-PvP geared gankers, and a lot of very obnoxious people. It's the same behavior you see in LFD - namely, "I'm not from this server, so I'm just going to behave like an a$$ cuz there is no consequences".

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

The rudeness is just... WOW. Not just rude but over the top obnoxious.

Friend of mine in my guild told me that an 85 from another realm followed him around Elwynn Forest and would 1shot every mob he was trying to get, preventing him from completing his quests. He finally logged off in frustration.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to StumpMan

to StumpMan
I was in my fishing gear, and got ganked repeatedly by a 5 man group of horde that was camping portals. I was trying to fish in Dalaran, and they followed me there, and all stood in the pool on mammoths, and threw banners, and moved every time I cast to stand on my bobber. I finally got p$ssed off, and started submitting harassment tickets on every single one of them. Don't know if it will do any good, but it made me feel better :P

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
I haven't experienced any cross-realm zones yet except for LFD and the Theramore scenario yet but hopefully it is better than those.

I think the LFD/ LFG does give people the sense that they can act however and have no fear of it coming back on them.

I remember those days of seeing people asking in trade for dungeon groups and getting blasted for being an a$$hat.

I think blizz needs to bring back something to foster a better sense of server community and use rather than have you play with people on a different realm.

Maybe lower realm transfer prices and let you transfer whole accounts? Just saying blizz.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
i agree it is bad, from a comp stand point i get laggy every time i traverse through one, i have only seen one person from a different realm look for a group for a quest and that was the huge fish in stonetalon, i had just got there so i couldnt get the quest, which when i did get to it i could have used that persons help, my mage died twice, finally just left it, i'll come and kill it in a couple of levels cause i'm vindictive that way.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I don't what they did with the zones, there is a lot more mindless ganking in leveling areas, I think it was a bad timing to do it since the expansion is about to hit people is just bored and finding a reason to kill time.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Yes. and I loathe those who would seek to not only kill their time, but mine as well.

We'll have to band together a lot in the void before the next arena season. It is this experience that has developed me into the loathing antagonist of all world pvp. There is simply no place in the game for it. BGs and Arenas are enough... and if they aren't, then there are other games better suited for their needs.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

1 recommendation

clawfury

When people whine about "no more world PvP", we all know they really mean.... "where are all the people I can kill that are unable to fight back, and have no chance of beating me?". I've seen this hundreds of times. You send out some capable lvl 85's to take them head on, and they all scatter without a fight. World PvP, my a$$. It's just bullies wanting to be bullies.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Immer

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

When people whine about "no more world PvP", we all know they really mean.... "where are all the people I can kill that are unable to fight back, and have no chance of beating me?". I've seen this hundreds of times. You send out some capable lvl 85's to take them head on, and they all scatter without a fight. World PvP, my a$$. It's just bullies wanting to be bullies.

truth.

And now they get to do it with the anonymity of LFD/LFR. Nice going, blizz. We'll overcome the odds, because we are better than that. Still an epic fail on the dev's part.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
said by clawfury:

It's funny and the truth. Get jumped on by like 5 allies with a bunch of mobs beating on us while were out doing dailies. The 2 of us respawn, proceed to kill them all, they all spawn in and proceed to scatter.

Typical.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to StumpMan

to StumpMan
In my opinion, it's something new. So players will try to abuse it as much as they can before something else new comes out.

Give a month or so and things will die down. Either they'll stop grieving so hard or those who are getting camped will research where get what they want in a different location.

World PvP is the big theme in this coming Xpac. Get used to getting ganked and rolling with a buddy! Use the buddy system!

Sidenote: Was beginning summons for DS last night. There was an alliance raid summoning and 2 horde raids summoning. Alliance picked the fight and we steamrolled them for 45 minutes before stopping to crush H Madness. Also, finally got that damned Savior title. Taught a few noobs Heroic 10mn Lich King yesterday and killed him on the third attempt (there were 4 of use still alive but hey, at least it got done).
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to StumpMan

to StumpMan
I agree, the cross-realm is nothing but headaches and grief. if you need to quest and kill x mobs, its now over populated so much that it takes 2x-10x longer to do a quest, and yes the harrassment, griefing now is crazy bad.

I wanted to give a troll druid a shot to see how they play, i was bored, so i get to level six, have to go to top of island and talk to Vol'jin, well an ally hunter is there pretty sure was lvl 85, laughing and mocking two other horde lowbies, i look around, no Vol'jin, aparrently the hunter was able to either kill vol'jin or kited him away. no vol'jin. I open a ticket, about 4-5 hrs later i get a message from blizzard that vol'jin is back now. by that time i had deleted the druid. just another example as to why the cross-realm idea is just plain BAD.
Rawk
join:2011-06-01
Missoula, MT

Rawk to StumpMan

to StumpMan
I personally don't like it purely for the fact that I rolled on a med/low population server so I didn't have to deal with the "one mob I need is dead all the time" deal.

Just as an example, I have been doing the Argent Crusade stuff for the pets and mounts for a little over a month. For the longest time I never saw anyone killing Chillmaw, never anyone between K2 and the tourny grounds... Now I almost always have to wait for Chill to respawn, 30 people watching the time lost drakes path between the grounds and K2.

I really don't like it.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to StumpMan

to StumpMan
To all you whining bitches....this is a massively MULTIPLAYER online role playnig game. If you want to play an RPG by yourself try an actual RPG, not an MMO. Don't complain when there are other people around.

This cross-realm thing is breathing more life into the environment. This is how it USED to be. This has been happening for years, ever since WoW started. It only died down when subs were being dropped shortly before Cata.

You people need to deal with the fact that there are indeed other people playing this game in the same spots as you. If you're being grieved so hard, use that anger and grieve back. Your frustration helps drive the Horde machine into world PvP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

No, you've over stated your position.

You are completely ignoring the anonymity of the CRZ. There cannot be any KOS orders here. There is no way of anticipating greifing hours, or modifying your leveling schedule. Now there is a strong dis-incentive for teaming up with RealID friends because if any of them are on a PvP server, you've now doomed the rest of your PvE players to getting ganked/camped.

Also, rejecting world PvP is in no way a rejection of the MMO part of WoW. If world pvp were limited to +/- 10lvls of your target, maybe what is being discussed here could be fairly labeled "whining". As it is, the griefing kills the game for PvP and PvE alike. You don't stand a chance trying to PvP someone who triples your level. The game isn't designed that way.

So if this thread is "bringing you down man"... stop reading it. But don't devalue a valid gripe by over-stating what world pvp was in the past. World pvp in Vanilla and BC had checks and balances of sort that no longer exist in the game.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

To all you whining bitches....this is a massively MULTIPLAYER online role playnig game. If you want to play an RPG by yourself try an actual RPG, not an MMO. Don't complain when there are other people around.

This cross-realm thing is breathing more life into the environment. This is how it USED to be. This has been happening for years, ever since WoW started. It only died down when subs were being dropped shortly before Cata.

You people need to deal with the fact that there are indeed other people playing this game in the same spots as you. If you're being grieved so hard, use that anger and grieve back. Your frustration helps drive the Horde machine into world PvP.

I for one, am not whining. I am just making the observation that of all the "world PvP enthusiasts" I've encountered, most of them are cowardly little bitches who run at the slightest hint of a real fight. Most of them are just professional griefers who enjoy trolling, killing npc's and lvl 10's, and generally making life miserable. I don't consider 5 man groups portal camping lvl 58 zones "world PvP". If that's what is considered an "alive" world, I'll take a dead one.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
*watch out we got a bad ass over here*
Jodokast

Jodokast to mettachain

to mettachain
I have been playing since game came out. I play on a PVP server. it is NOT the same. on a max pop server there is a set # of players that can be on the server. this crap thats cross realm interfers with playing the game. i shouldnt have to deal with it as you say when someone harrasses by killing an npc or having so many players doing a quest where we have to kill x mob. i love a good fight, im of the belief if its RED its dead, no matter the odds.

there are now more players in a zone then it would normally be on even a full server. and mettachain, this is NOT how it used to be.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

1 recommendation

Ginjer to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
While I like the idea of being able to utlize Cross Realm stuff for Dungeons and Raiding or even BGs/Arenas, I am starting to dislike the CR idea. I agree with Immer that it would be great to have some type of a level restriction where I am not a level 3 getting Death Gripped and dying instantly. To me, that is just BS. I almost feel like I am in a real life version of South Park in Elwynn Forest. Now I just need a group to power level with me by killing hogs for hours so we can take down the big monster.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

1 recommendation

stvnbrs to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
The problem isn't PVP but the WoW community. Never before has there been a time where you could be a complete enigma in this game and be able to perform anti-social acts without repercussion to the current staggering degree. The sense of community has left this game and turned it into a winner-take-all environment where you are punished for not for placing self first. Even within the same faction players act opposite then they would if their real identity was displayed or known.

"If you don't like it then play like they do" is not a valid argument because it is not intended that the few dictate how this game is played by all. There are reasons that PVE and PVP servers are created and separated, those reasons were discarded with the introduction of CRZ, just as the benefits of low population servers. CRZ is forcing players to play a different style than they wish, or worse, not play at all due to others. That is the travesty. This game has been destroyed by giving the community everything they wanted which in turn almost eliminated the community.

There are several people that do not fall into the category described, and I truely enjoy playing with them. Immer and Scaith are examples of this. Unfortunately, this game can't revolve around playing with only a few people, and if the community doesn't learn to come together and become an actual community, this game will fall.
Jodokast

Jodokast

said by stvnbrs:

The problem isn't PVP but the WoW community. Never before has there been a time where you could be a complete enigma in this game and be able to perform anti-social acts without repercussion to the current staggering degree. The sense of community has left this game and turned it into a winner-take-all environment where you are punished for not for placing self first. Even within the same faction players act opposite then they would if their real identity was displayed or known.

"If you don't like it then play like they do" is not a valid argument because it is not intended that the few dictate how this game is played by all. There are reasons that PVE and PVP servers are created and separated, those reasons were discarded with the introduction of CRZ, just as the benefits of low population servers. CRZ is forcing players to play a different style than they wish, or worse, not play at all due to others. That is the travesty. This game has been destroyed by giving the community everything they wanted which in turn almost eliminated the community.

There are several people that do not fall into the category described, and I truely enjoy playing with them. Immer and Scaith are examples of this. Unfortunately, this game can't revolve around playing with only a few people, and if the community doesn't learn to come together and become an actual community, this game will fall.

+1

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to StumpMan

to StumpMan
I guess I just haven't been victim of this type of grieving and trolling.

You see...when you reach a certain powerlevel (btw, it's over 9000) people just leave you alone.

You shold try to get a cool mount too. People don't mess with you if you have a really cool mount.

Cake09
Premium Member
join:2009-09-29
united state

Cake09 to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
I play primarily on a PvP realm.

The blasted lands portal is a non-stop killing field with a large pile of bones.

People were actually putting together Hala groups.

I went looking for several rares and wandering vendors for transmog junk, had no issues at all.

Over all I like it.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

^^^^ This. Winning.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Cake09

to Cake09
said by Cake09:

I play primarily on a PvP realm.

The blasted lands portal is a non-stop killing field with a large pile of bones.

People were actually putting together Hala groups.

This is how it's been on my current server since I've been on it almost 18 months now.

Ganking/Griefing/Massive WPvP are normal occurances where I am, but they aren't that big of an issue.

Kil'Jaeden is like a Molotov Cocktail that is perpetually in suspension 3 inches from the pavement...A ganking or griefing is the catalyst that kicks time back into motion causing the fiery cocktail to crash violently to the street.

Basically, if there is a ganker/griefer on my server from either faction, they get their fun for about 15-20 minutes before the other side comes out in force and shit hits the fan. At that point your level 17 Orc Warlock is the least of their concerns, and you can go about your way while the big boys stomp mudholes in each other.

I really can't tell the difference on Kil'Jaeden...other than people post in general chat and it shows up twice.
Rawk
join:2011-06-01
Missoula, MT

Rawk to StumpMan

to StumpMan
My comment was not intended as whinning also. People are allowed to not like a change without being "A Whiner". I still go out and do my stuff just with a different mentality. I can certainly see how folks that are leveling would find it really annoying though with these new changes especially with kill this one mob quests. I hope that Blizz would increase the respawn timers in these areas to help with that.

I my opinion, a better way to increase people questing together (if that is in fact the reasoning behind this change) would be to stop nerfing the hell outta all these mobs. When I leveled my first toon, having a 2nd person with you really helped out the fun factor, now they are stealing your xp!!! haha

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to StumpMan

to StumpMan
Yes, 3 different KJ warlocks killed me yesterday, the rogue who tried to jump me got his ass handed to him. Overpower ftw.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
All cross realm seems to have done for my server is make it appear more as a high pop server than medium.

If I wanted a high population server, I'd have moved to one.

As to PvP cross realm, it is imo a bad idea, but I'm not a fan of PvP anyway, so maybe it's a good idea to those who like it.

We are very very slowly leveling our horde guild on Thrall, and I am so glad to have avoided a PvP guild as this cross realm stuff wasn't on my personal radar.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Rawk

to Rawk
My suggestion to fixing the ganking problem is to disable PvP for players who are outside of the level range of the zone.

If I want to go to Elwyn Forest on my level 90 Troll Rogue, that's cool, but I'll be unable to attack players in that zone. Max level characters who want to participate in World PvP can take it to a max level zone.

Of course there would be details to work out, but that's the gist of it. If you're level 45 and in a level 15 zone, it's all good...you just can't attack the level 14 Hunter trying to find Mankrik's wife.