stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to mettachain

Re: Cross Realms and questing

The problem isn't PVP but the WoW community. Never before has there been a time where you could be a complete enigma in this game and be able to perform anti-social acts without repercussion to the current staggering degree. The sense of community has left this game and turned it into a winner-take-all environment where you are punished for not for placing self first. Even within the same faction players act opposite then they would if their real identity was displayed or known.

"If you don't like it then play like they do" is not a valid argument because it is not intended that the few dictate how this game is played by all. There are reasons that PVE and PVP servers are created and separated, those reasons were discarded with the introduction of CRZ, just as the benefits of low population servers. CRZ is forcing players to play a different style than they wish, or worse, not play at all due to others. That is the travesty. This game has been destroyed by giving the community everything they wanted which in turn almost eliminated the community.

There are several people that do not fall into the category described, and I truely enjoy playing with them. Immer and Scaith are examples of this. Unfortunately, this game can't revolve around playing with only a few people, and if the community doesn't learn to come together and become an actual community, this game will fall.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Jodokast

join:2012-05-10
said by stvnbrs:

The problem isn't PVP but the WoW community. Never before has there been a time where you could be a complete enigma in this game and be able to perform anti-social acts without repercussion to the current staggering degree. The sense of community has left this game and turned it into a winner-take-all environment where you are punished for not for placing self first. Even within the same faction players act opposite then they would if their real identity was displayed or known.

"If you don't like it then play like they do" is not a valid argument because it is not intended that the few dictate how this game is played by all. There are reasons that PVE and PVP servers are created and separated, those reasons were discarded with the introduction of CRZ, just as the benefits of low population servers. CRZ is forcing players to play a different style than they wish, or worse, not play at all due to others. That is the travesty. This game has been destroyed by giving the community everything they wanted which in turn almost eliminated the community.

There are several people that do not fall into the category described, and I truely enjoy playing with them. Immer and Scaith are examples of this. Unfortunately, this game can't revolve around playing with only a few people, and if the community doesn't learn to come together and become an actual community, this game will fall.

+1

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to StumpMan
I guess I just haven't been victim of this type of grieving and trolling.

You see...when you reach a certain powerlevel (btw, it's over 9000) people just leave you alone.

You shold try to get a cool mount too. People don't mess with you if you have a really cool mount.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to StumpMan
I play primarily on a PvP realm.

The blasted lands portal is a non-stop killing field with a large pile of bones.

People were actually putting together Hala groups.

I went looking for several rares and wandering vendors for transmog junk, had no issues at all.

Over all I like it.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
^^^^ This. Winning.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Cake
said by Cake:

I play primarily on a PvP realm.

The blasted lands portal is a non-stop killing field with a large pile of bones.

People were actually putting together Hala groups.

This is how it's been on my current server since I've been on it almost 18 months now.

Ganking/Griefing/Massive WPvP are normal occurances where I am, but they aren't that big of an issue.

Kil'Jaeden is like a Molotov Cocktail that is perpetually in suspension 3 inches from the pavement...A ganking or griefing is the catalyst that kicks time back into motion causing the fiery cocktail to crash violently to the street.

Basically, if there is a ganker/griefer on my server from either faction, they get their fun for about 15-20 minutes before the other side comes out in force and shit hits the fan. At that point your level 17 Orc Warlock is the least of their concerns, and you can go about your way while the big boys stomp mudholes in each other.

I really can't tell the difference on Kil'Jaeden...other than people post in general chat and it shows up twice.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Rawk

join:2011-06-01
Missoula, MT
reply to StumpMan
My comment was not intended as whinning also. People are allowed to not like a change without being "A Whiner". I still go out and do my stuff just with a different mentality. I can certainly see how folks that are leveling would find it really annoying though with these new changes especially with kill this one mob quests. I hope that Blizz would increase the respawn timers in these areas to help with that.

I my opinion, a better way to increase people questing together (if that is in fact the reasoning behind this change) would be to stop nerfing the hell outta all these mobs. When I leveled my first toon, having a 2nd person with you really helped out the fun factor, now they are stealing your xp!!! haha

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to StumpMan
Yes, 3 different KJ warlocks killed me yesterday, the rogue who tried to jump me got his ass handed to him. Overpower ftw.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to StumpMan
All cross realm seems to have done for my server is make it appear more as a high pop server than medium.

If I wanted a high population server, I'd have moved to one.

As to PvP cross realm, it is imo a bad idea, but I'm not a fan of PvP anyway, so maybe it's a good idea to those who like it.

We are very very slowly leveling our horde guild on Thrall, and I am so glad to have avoided a PvP guild as this cross realm stuff wasn't on my personal radar.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Rawk
My suggestion to fixing the ganking problem is to disable PvP for players who are outside of the level range of the zone.

If I want to go to Elwyn Forest on my level 90 Troll Rogue, that's cool, but I'll be unable to attack players in that zone. Max level characters who want to participate in World PvP can take it to a max level zone.

Of course there would be details to work out, but that's the gist of it. If you're level 45 and in a level 15 zone, it's all good...you just can't attack the level 14 Hunter trying to find Mankrik's wife.
--

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
One of the problems of shared zones is the lack of a shared AH, you see the zones depleted from resources and a fraction of that goes to your own server economy specially on a low population server.

Not good in my opinion since it is hard to find what you need..
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Lothario

Ottawa, ON

1 edit
Mal ganis isn't low pop...

Rawk

join:2011-06-01
Missoula, MT
reply to Jobbie
+1

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to Lothario
said by Lothario:

Mal games isn't low pop...

Nathrezim is.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

My suggestion to fixing the ganking problem is to disable PvP for players who are outside of the level range of the zone.

If I want to go to Elwyn Forest on my level 90 Troll Rogue, that's cool, but I'll be unable to attack players in that zone. Max level characters who want to participate in World PvP can take it to a max level zone.

Of course there would be details to work out, but that's the gist of it. If you're level 45 and in a level 15 zone, it's all good...you just can't attack the level 14 Hunter trying to find Mankrik's wife.

I support this and would vote for your party at the next national convention.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to StumpMan
Years ago basically all quest chains involved group quests. Some of them required 5 people to complete. It became an annoyance because it was so difficult to find people to help you complete these quests so with the cataclysm the leveling experience no longer requires group quests (aside from dungeons but you have LFG for that). Now bliz gives us CRZ when we no longer need to form a party to quest - it would have been amazing if we were given it back in vanilla or BC but in my experience all CRZ gives is extra competition. It has slowed down the questing process for me.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

I support this and would vote for your party at the next national convention.

I'll be submitting my nomination for the 2016 election, show your support here.
--

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Lothario

Ottawa, ON
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Lothario:

Nathrezim is.

I wish they didn't charge for faction changes on transfers.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
agreed.

on a side note, I just read an O-Forum post where the players on Proudmoore server were being targeted by griefers because of their server's reputation for LGBT friendliness. They are a PvE server, but there is talk of entire raids of 85s mass-clearing quest NPCs in the vicinity of any lowbie with a "Proudmoore" server tag. Sad.

CRZ brings all of the hated aspects of LFD/LFR with none of the mitigating factors like "VTK" or unified purpose (like finishing the dungeon eventually).
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to Lothario
said by Lothario:

said by Jobbie:

said by Lothario:

Nathrezim is.

I wish they didn't charge for faction changes on transfers.

I know right. I was hoping I could get them from Mal over to Nath, but I just can't fathom spending that money to do it again.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Lothario

Ottawa, ON
Oh well, had to delete some toons to make room for Nathrezim.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
reply to StumpMan
Blah I really dislike the CRZ. Too many cons and not enough pros.

Stat inflation makes it virtually impossible to combat anyone more than a level or two above you.

I don't like PvP and only joined Nathezim to join Immers guild.

Before CRZ it wasn't too bad. Low pop server meant few gankers. Most of the opposing players in the same area they were about the same level so at least there was a fighting chance most of the time.

Now its 85's in virtually every zone grief camping..

Playing my low level toons questing now I can count on getting ganked every few minutes. Druids seem to be able to shoot you out of the air now too. One shot, dead. So exciting. Questing becomes a chore to just complete simple quests. Rez, gank, run back, rez, get a few more feet, gank, rinse and repeat.

I kind of liked being able to get any rare I wanted pretty much and herb and ore nodes. That is ancient history now.

Going to farm troggs in Deepholm, what do you see? Dozens of people farming them.. sometimes just camping a single group. Ridiculous.

If this keeps up I will just stay in Stormwind and do instances. And those are such a bundle of joy too.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to StumpMan
I don't play anymore, but I still follow the changes made in the game for some reason. At first CRZ seemed like a good idea to me, but it seems that Blizz over did it. Too many people now are flooding the zones. I will say that there is something to be said about just questing in a zone by yourself. No other people around, and you can do whatever. It seems that is a thing of the past.
--
What smells like blue?

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to StumpMan
Like it was mentioned in the Pirate Day thread, cross realm questing can be a real pain in the ass. Booty Bay was a complete lag fest with over 100 toons on top of the bank smothering the NPC. Not to mention the typical PvP ganking that occurs during suck an event.