Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to I_H8_Spam

Premium Member

to I_H8_Spam

Re: [Official] Torchlight 2 Thread

said by I_H8_Spam:

Engineer is your "tanking" class primary us Vitality with Str/Dex as alternate. Focus is really lacking any scaling for the engineer at least what i've played.

I'm going mainly 2H DPS with my Engineer focusing on Strength, with Vitality as my second focus. I put points into the healing bot and, spider drones, and now the turret bot.

I tried a sword and shield and just didn't care for it much.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Speaking of shields... I love how the outlander can use a shield with a one handed gun. As well as how a melee outlander can be a killing machine.

They did a really good job with the classes so you're not always stuck with the class' favourite weapon if you want to be useful.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I'm going mainly 2H DPS with my Engineer focusing on Strength, with Vitality as my second focus. I put points into the healing bot and, spider drones, and now the turret bot.

I tried a sword and shield and just didn't care for it much.

I'm playing a Construction/Aegis Engineer right now. 2h Cannon is primary, Mace/Board is swap set to get vitality up for max healing up with the bot/potion, or when kiting is not ideal.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

What I do for kiting, is pop the Haste buff spell which increases attack and run speed, and then just keep casting spider bots. And throw a turret bot out if needed.

I'm almost done with Act 2 so far. The hardest boss fight I've come up against, of all things, was on a phase portal. In Act 2, it was a trio of Tar Sludge looking guys. They absolutely wrecked me. I did forget to buff my pet though on that fight also.

Overall, I'm impressed with this game. So much fun. I haven't even played multi player yet, I imagine that makes it that much better.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

I am going 2H DPS Engineer, as well, though, I am taking a different route. My focus areas are passives and the gun bot, as when it comes out with the higher tiers, it will increase all of your damage for the entire duration that it is on the field.

Once I hit level 35 with my Engineer, my playstyle definitely became more lively (I purchased the charging ability that rushes you forward at your target and releases bolts, upon collision with the enemy, that give you back 5% of your mana for each enemy hit). Throw a concussion grenade, followed by some spider mines, charge in, and finish with the lightning cleave ability. Rinse and repeat until all enemies are neutralized.