This is a sub-selection from Internet
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

brianiscool to tshirt

to tshirt

Re: Internet

If you keep on giving cheaper stuff to the poor. They will continue to stay where they are. We should not subsidize prices for the poor. This will just want them to remain at a low salary rate.

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha

said by brianiscool:

If you keep on giving cheaper stuff to the poor. They will continue to stay where they are. We should not subsidize prices for the poor. This will just want them to remain at a low salary rate.

Yeah i'm quite sure the poor really want to stay at a low salary rate. :/

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

PapaMidnight

said by kdwycha:

said by brianiscool:

Yeah i'm quite sure the poor really want to stay at a low salary rate. :/

There's no way [brianiscool] actually said that in all seriousness...

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by PapaMidnight:

It is still a true statement nonetheless. If someone can make a "good enough" "living" by being on food stamps, Medicaid, SSDI, LIHEAP, LifeLink (government provided cell phones) and any other number of welfare programs, then where's the incentive to move to a job?
brianiscool
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to kdwycha

to kdwycha
They get used to it and no ambition occurs.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

silbaco to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
It is true. I know several people who do it. The only thing they are driven to do is keep having children so they can get more welfare. I am not joking.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

said by PapaMidnight:

It is still a true statement nonetheless. If someone can make a "good enough" "living" by being on food stamps, Medicaid, SSDI, LIHEAP, LifeLink (government provided cell phones) and any other number of welfare programs, then where's the incentive to move to a job?

SSDI = social security disability insurance.

your really gonna say disabled people should be forced to work even if there unable to do so? yeah i know, im focusing on this one part of your statement, but im about fedup with people taking that stance. dads 70, has herniated disks in his back, herniated disks in his neck, blind in his left eye, has an artificial hip he got when he was in his 20's thats wearing out. you think he can work? fact is thanks to a former employer skipping out on taxes (something im sure the guy in your tag line would approve of since it meant more profits for the company) hes on ssi, $698/month, think you could live on that? its not as easy as people think, and no, he doesnt get all those things you just listed, people seem to think every one on ssi is gaming the system.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

Why yes, I do think too many people are gaming SSDI as a freebie for when their unemployment benefits ran out.

»news.investors.com/busin ··· m?p=full

But to be fair to you, this sounds more like an enforcement problem than a policy problem.

GroovyPhoenx
Premium Member
join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON

1 recommendation

GroovyPhoenx to brianiscool

Premium Member

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

This has got the be the most ignorant statement I have read today... I get 10$ internet so I want to stay poor to keep it? Wow...

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

1 recommendation

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by GroovyPhoenx:

said by brianiscool:

This has got the be the most ignorant statement I have read today... I get 10$ internet so I want to stay poor to keep it? Wow...

There are quite a few people who, once given things repeatedly, are lazy and have no pride for themselves, and would rather keep what they have then work for better.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

There are quite a few people who, once given things repeatedly, are lazy and have no pride for themselves, and would rather keep what they have then work for better.

So if "the great society" has conditioned them to react that way, then we MUST take responsiblity to "re-educate" them/recondition them to value the rewards of working for it.
Not punishment, but consistant goal oriented reward systems.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to brianiscool

Premium Member

to brianiscool
Isn't that also an argument to cut corporate subsidies?
brianiscool
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

brianiscool

I believe the middle class needs more help than the poor. Middle Class people need to be awarded for working on a daily basis not the poor who sit around and do nothing.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer to CXM_Splicer

to CXM_Splicer
said by CXM_Splicer:

Isn't that also an argument to cut corporate subsidies?

It isn't amazing that despite the $16 Trillion in debt that neither major party is seriously campaigning to end the billions and billions of corporate welfare.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt to brianiscool

Premium Member

to brianiscool
a great many of "the poor"* work just as hard, in some cases much harder/longer hours trying very hard not to be poor.
due to economic ,educational and individual disadvantages/disabilities many never had the chance YOU have.

* it's easier to classify/discriminate against some other group when you depersonalize them with names like "the poor" or "the 47%".
Try think of them as individuals, and Americans rather than something beneath YOUR status.
Maybe treat others as you would hope to be treated, were your roles reversed.
This is a sub-selection from Internet