uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer

Re: [MoP] Blood Legion vs. Blizzard: The Elite Guild Speaks

Reckon I should work on perfecting Frost?

I just got comfortable with Fire last night...My 19 month old could play Arcane.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

frost is more competitive in pve now however Fire is still the most fun.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Once I decided to use Frost Bomb instead of Living Bomb I had an easier time getting the mechanic down for Fire. I get more satisfaction seeing the Frost Bomb go off for like 150-200k damage vs the more subtle damage of Living Bomb.

I still cancel too many Heating Up! buffs spamming Fireball. Although there was a known bug with the travel time of Fireball vs the instant proc of Inferno Blast.

This may be off topic a little, but does anyone have an opinion on using glyphed Frostfire Bolt as a main filler instead of Fireball? At my current haste level FFB will be about .3 sec shorter cast than FB...theoretically leading to more casts and more dps in a given time. The tooltips say that they both deal the same amount of dmg, and Mage specs no longer give damage bonuses to certain spells. The only downside to using glyphed FFB is I would have to drop a Major Glyph...Either Evocation, Combustion, or Fireblast (of those three I'd definitely drop Evocation, as the other two are DPS increases). Also, I'm not sure off the top of my head if FFB procs Ignite...If it doesn't I could see it being behind Fireball.

Also, FFB would slow its target where FB doesn't. Any thoughts?