how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to HiVolt

Re: [DSL] Sagemcom Modems offered for 25Megs (New Users)

said by HiVolt:

Another plus of the Sagemcom is that it has ADSL/ADSL2 fallback. In the event that Bell screws something up and changes it back to ADSL1 or ADSL2+ profiles, the modem will still sync and you will still have connectivity. Cellpipe was VDSL only.

I guess that's one plus, but then again I already have an ADSL modems that works fine with Bell. I think I paid $25 for it.

I guess they fixed all the Fibe TV issues with the Sagemcoms now then? (Not that it matters for TekSavvy customers though.)
--
Everything Apple

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to HiVolt
Firmware is cheap,replacing a modem is much more expensive.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

So if a person WANTED to buy a Sagemcom to use for, say the 15/whatever DSL service, what would one cost, and where would a person go shopping ?

We don't sell them & I don't know where you'd find one. So price wise would be unknown. I guess it's the same as how the 2wire is/was.

robinjames
Premium
join:2008-04-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Martin
That is great news,

I'd just thought I'd +1 the request to pressure Bell to remove the rental requirement. Back when the service was first launched, I was one of the many people in Ottawa who got a cellpipe with the wrong firmware. Thanks to Bell screwing up and not getting a modem to me until 3 weeks later, I ended up buying a Cisco router with a vdsl modem built in. I have yet to use my new cellpipe modem (other than to make sure it works) and has been sitting on a shelf. Meanwhile im paying that fee for it to sit there... frustrating.