spc
uniqs

polbox
join:2002-05-28
Mississauga, ON

polbox to elitefx

to elitefx

Re: Rogers New Ultimate Package

just check my bill online say $99.99/mo I got Ultimate I upgrade from Express plus to Ultimate in August but my price is still 99.99.mo

So i think the new price only applies to for new people signing up.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by polbox:

just check my bill online say $99.99/mo I got Ultimate I upgrade from Express plus to Ultimate in August but my price is still 99.99.mo

Thanks for letting us know. In which case since I should be eligable for the new tier I'll probably call in sooner rather than later.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by BACONATOR26:

said by polbox:

Thanks for letting us know. In which case since I should be eligable for the new tier I'll probably call in sooner rather than later.

i can also confirm the bill on my end remained $99 and we're not upgraded to the 150/10 automatically
wicked13
join:2009-10-18

wicked13 to polbox

to polbox
Really? Did you call in and ask them to upgrade your tier to the "new ultimate" or just "ultimate"? I thought the new prices was for everyone.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

3 edits

elitefx to Tx

to Tx
Rogers is just playing friggin' games with your heads. As soon as the new tier is OFFICIALLY online your bills will jump like anyone elses to $122.99

If it's advertised at $122.99 then Rogers will get their $122.99 from you one way or the other and claim you were getting a "special trial offer price" or your package price was "grandfathered" temporarily or any number of the usual BS stunts Rogers pulls to cover up one of their underhanded billing errors/changes/modifications etc.

Thankfully, I wasn't born yesterday..............Geez guys, we are talking ROGERS here...

And furthermore, half of Ontario is still humping along on the old speeds, tiers, network etc. Nothing has changed for us except some of us have 8x4 powered channels, nothing more, nothing less. Same ole same ole.........

I mean, 10 years from now when you're all with a different ISP getting 100/50 MEGABYTES PER SECOND for $60 a month, you're going to look back shaking your head, and saying "I can't believe Rogers nailed me for $122.99/month for 1.25MB/s upstream and I fell for it"

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

Rogers is just playing friggin' games with your heads. As soon as the new tier is OFFICIALLY online your bills will jump like anyone elses to $122.99

If it's advertised at $122.99 then Rogers will get their $122.99 from you one way or the other and claim you were getting a "special trial offer price" or your package price was "grandfathered" temporarily or any number of the usual BS stunts Rogers pulls to cover up one of their underhanded billing errors/changes/modifications etc.

Thankfully, I wasn't born yesterday..............Geez guys, we are talking ROGERS here...

And furthermore, half of Ontario is still humping along on the old speeds, tiers, network etc. Nothing has changed for us except some of us have 8x4 powered channels, nothing more, nothing less. Same ole same ole.........

I mean, 10 years from now when you're all with a different ISP getting 100/50 MEGABYTES PER SECOND for $60 a month, you're going to look back shaking your head, and saying "I can't believe Rogers nailed me for $122.99/month for 1.25MB/s upstream and I fell for it"

We've been on Rogers ultimate plan now for 8 months on a 2 year (NON-CONTRACT) plan 50% off for 24 months. So i'm paying $47 a month for my easy 100 meg line i get. Though Rogers are scum, sometimes a good deal comes around your own hatred cannot deny.

Sorry i'm not in the business of spending more money to move away from a company. Who ever offers me a better deal i go with. 250 gig sucks but we manage it each month with no issues between netflix, gaming, downloads and my business we hit just under 240 a month.

These days Rogers each time i call because i have home monitoring i get directly employed Rogers techs to my home be it internet, tv or home monitoring issues. When i call i never wait longer than 10 minutes on hold for someone and they are all english speaking (not overseas)

Rogers sucks in several ways if not almost all, but when you strike a good promo you go with it.

Stability is also key for me. A must have.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by Tx:

......and my business.....So i'm paying $47 a month......

You obviously have a tactical advantage to use as leverage a lot of us don't enjoy. Glad to hear somebody shook the Rogers tree and got what they were looking for.

If we all were paying $47 for the tier and tech service you receive I'm sure Rogers would have a million more customers and would be a top rated ISP.

Unfortunately................

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

......and my business.....So i'm paying $47 a month......

You obviously have a tactical advantage to use as leverage a lot of us don't enjoy. Glad to hear somebody shook the Rogers tree and got what they were looking for.

If we all were paying $47 for the tier and tech service you receive I'm sure Rogers would have a million more customers and would be a top rated ISP.

Unfortunately................

You are right about shaking the tree lol... just have to try hard enough and you get a good deal...