how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

Apple Is Seething with Jealousy

The Galaxy S3 is a superior product to the latest iTrash.

If you can't beat them, sue them out of existence.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Os:

If you can't beat them, sue them out of existence.

Beat them? Apple (for right or wrong) has a legion of followers lining up for blocks to get their hands on the latest phones and devices. Spec wise, the S3 is great but its not like Samsung sees the same level of demand here.
--
1/22/2012 Delegate Count
Newt 25 | Romney 14 | Ron Paul 10 | Santorum 8

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
That legion of followers is dependent upon them thinking Apple always has the greatest stuff.

Once that's gone, you're just paying double the price for a crippled product in the Apple world. And that only has appeal for so long.

Apple can return to the mid-90's when Macs were beyond a niche, and they were left for dead.

dogo88

join:2001-09-24
Old Bridge, NJ
reply to PhoenixDown
Legions of followers? Check the facts. They were paid to stand in line for the latest apple koolaid.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to PhoenixDown
said by PhoenixDown:

Spec wise, the S3 is great but its not like Samsung sees the same level of demand here.

But Samsung manufactures & sells more smartphones than Apple. I don't think they're really hurting in the demand department.

aeiousmell

@rr.com
reply to Os
I agree!! »www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the- ··· -preview

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Best benchmark ever.

dgeneral

join:2004-06-02
Granville, IL
reply to Os
just remember, nearly 30% of that new Iphone 5 was made by Samsung. LOL!

LucasLee

join:2010-11-26
kudos:1
reply to Thaler
don't have a horse in this fight, but i've seen googlemaps do the same thing when attempting to put 2-D satellite photos onto a 3-D landscape model.

hottboiinnc4
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to PhoenixDown
it's not always the latest and greatest though. A good share of the iPhones are just copies of what the ones before it was and a few changes here and there in the software or a chip. between 3 and 5 the 5 is the one that had the most changes. 4 didn't have very much of anything. Apple could stamp their Apple on a pile of dog crap and people would be lining up to pay $300+ a pile for it.

MrHappy316
Wish I had my tank
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Monterey, CA
reply to Thaler
Last I checked Google, Apple or Microsoft haven't launched a imaging satellite lately