spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cegana73
join:2012-09-24

cegana73

[HN7000S] HN7000S REGISTRATION ERROR

Click for full size
Hi I buy a brand new modem HN7000S from a San Diego Ca dealer ( Hughes Frontera) to reemplaze another HN7000s modem that was broken during an electrical storm, I run the registratin program, I wrote my SAN and PIN number, and I made a SWAP from my old modem account, the modem reboot and after 15 minutes the system led was off again, so I made a reregistration and the following error occurred;

REGISTRATION ERROR
YOUR REQUEST COULD NOT BE PROCESSED DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFICULTIES

I am in Mexico, so I call the support phone number and they say that my modem was locked for "suspected behaibor", can you explain me what is that mean? and how can I have my account restored again? I saw a post from 2011 derek77 who had the same issue.
Thanks
LucasLee
join:2010-11-26

LucasLee

one of two things is happening:

your SAN number is locked by HughesNet, either for "Seasonal Suspension" or for Billing related reasons.

OR

your alleged "new" modem's serial number is locked by HughesNet for either "Seasonal Suspension" or for Billing related reasons.

in my experience, this happens when you've purchased a modem that is not in fact "new", but belonged to a "bad-debt" account.

you'll need to call your applicable HughesNet support rep and request that they unlock one of the two things mentioned above (your SAN, or your new modem's Serial #).

depending on the circumstances of the reasons for the account lock, you may or may not be able to convince them to take action.
cegana73
join:2012-09-24

cegana73

well I am sure is New because I am an installer here in the south of mexico, and this modem was send it to me from San Diego Ca, with another 4 dishes and modems, I been working and installing Hughesnet in Mexico since 2002, and this is the first time that I saw this.
I'm sure they lock the modem serial number, because I already erase all data with the telnet and RF command, and try to do a registration with another SAN and PIN , but send this error.
I already call by phone and by chat to the hughesnet customercare , but by phone some one over India answered and they just dont have a clue, they just say I am sorry your system wasnt activated automaticaly, please give uns one hour to reactivate, or "please our Highes Billing Department will give you a courtesy call in 3 days, The problem is I'm in Mexico , they dont have mexican Phone Numbers in the account.
I asked for a direct number to their Highest Billing Department but they say that they dont have it.
tobicat
Premium Member
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat to cegana73

Premium Member

to cegana73
If you can try a different transponder. Some times the registration servers on some transponders go down. It will auto log into the correct one if you get a sucessful registration.

It will also work on different satellites but that takes reaiming which is a pain.
LucasLee
join:2010-11-26

LucasLee to cegana73

to cegana73
if you're an installer, you should be contacting Installation Support (which generally routes your call to a florida call center), not Tier 1 customer support (which is in India).

The error you're describing only occurs if HughesNet has gone out of its way to specifically lock a modem/account.

Since you tried running registration with a different SAN, if you can confirm your SAN is not currently locked by HughesNet, then i would complain mightily to whomever you purchased that modem from, because it is not "new".

In my experience it is near impossible to have HughesNet unlock a modem which was requested to be locked by another HughesNet Partner. This has to do with hardware subsidies being tied to modem activations, and you'll likely get absolutely no where with HughesNet's Billing Department.